GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Electrical problem - TPMS, Moonroof, Central Locks stopped working

Twoeighty

Passed Driver's Ed
Last night, I had the following systems go down:

moonroof (overhead lighting looks fine, but when I change the switch, it doesn't do anything)
TPMS system is displaying malfunction by blinking the TPMS light for a minute on startup
central locking no longer works... this includes keyless entry, ability to lock/unlock without the car being started, overhead lights coming on when the door opens

I'm assuming that there must be some master relay that all of these are connected. Anyone know for sure?

Twoeighty

Passed Driver's Ed
Nope... each of those components has its own fuse and each seems to be okay. That's why I think there's something else higher up in the electrical hierarchy that's effed :(

yohoitztho

Ready to race!
i had my comfort module w/e it's called stop working. and other stuff. meaning all electrical components related to keyless entry, power windows, etc... all were shot.
my dealer's solution was to replace the window motor in my driver's side door and to replace my comfort module. apparently a lot of electrical components go through it and if that thing is shot, all comfort things are effed.

don't know if this is your solution, but hope i helped a little.

Twoeighty

Passed Driver's Ed
i had my comfort module w/e it's called stop working. and other stuff. meaning all electrical components related to keyless entry, power windows, etc... all were shot.
my dealer's solution was to replace the window motor in my driver's side door and to replace my comfort module. apparently a lot of electrical components go through it and if that thing is shot, all comfort things are effed.

don't know if this is your solution, but hope i helped a little.

Okay, someone over at Vortex also mentioned this comfort module and my symptoms sound very similar. Thanks! :)

GTI_Hakeem

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 Tornado Red GTI
take it to the dealership thats what the VW warranty is designed for lol