GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Electric Snowblowers

ben_m

Ready to race!
Any recommendations? Looking at a couple of SnowJoe Electrics. Don't want gas because I am lazy and don't want the maintenance.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Don't want gas because I am lazy and don't want the maintenance.
Solution for YOU then...no maintenance required:

Seriously though...you put gas in it and use it.
Change the oil every couple years...done

Last edited:

ben_m

Ready to race!
seriously. Asshole comments to get a shovel or gas doesn't help. I don't feel like shelling out 1K. I found a Snowjoe for $200, I get their limitations, I'm trying to get real world feedback.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
seriously. Asshole comments to get a shovel or gas doesn't help. I don't feel like shelling out 1K. I found a Snowjoe for $200, I get their limitations, I'm trying to get real world feedback.

Yeah there's a lot of asshole comments on here lately. Wish I could help but I have no experience with snowblowers.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Seems to me you are going to be disappointed once the battery goes dead & you still have snow to clear. I know you don't want a gas one, but it really is the way to go.

I have a gas Toro & at the end of the season I drain the tank. The next year fresh gas & I'm ready to go.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
I swear I picked up my gas powered one for like $400 New and it's amazing. You could surely pick one up used for $2-300. Maybe put a cat less Downpipe on it because vdub.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Wow how helpful this forum has become...
You didn't have a contribution either.

Go buy one and review it man. Or i dunno do a thing called google with reviews on pretty much everything from someone somewhere.

Everyone has recommended gas.. you wanna be cheap.. be cheap and get the electric and if it works great if not tough luck.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

KyleA

Passed Driver's Ed
Former NYer here. Had an electric Toro for 3 seasons. Did an ok job. Ideally an electric needs 2 people so one can manage the cord and prevent it from getting sucked into the blower. Blizzard of 2011 forced me to switch to a dual stage gas blower. Electrics suck for anything over 6 inches and if the snow is wet or heavy?? Don't even bother. My ultimate solution was to move to South Florida

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Have an electric snowblower, but too lazy to get the extension cord to plug it in every damn time we need to use it. Resolved back to using a shovel lol.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Former NYer here. Had an electric Toro for 3 seasons. Did an ok job. Ideally an electric needs 2 people so one can manage the cord and prevent it from getting sucked into the blower. Blizzard of 2011 forced me to switch to a dual stage gas blower. Electrics suck for anything over 6 inches and if the snow is wet or heavy?? Don't even bother. My ultimate solution was to move to South Florida

Best solution in red. lol

Noodle1

Ready to race!
I Bought a used toro snowblower on craigslist this summer for $120, An old guy was selling it and all I needed to do is replace a belt which took 10min. Works great now, Maintenance wise, all you should do is fill the tank of gas with stabilizer every spring. Trust me, a gas snowblower will out preform and out last a electric pos, gas is the way to go unless you love hugging tree's