GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

*EIP Tuning closes doors*

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
According to a quote from EIP on vortex... they are laying some workers off and just selling what is available in their inventory on the internet.

Some reports have stated closing signs at some of EIPs store. But then others deny the claim.

It's a shame because I was interested in their exhaust. Michaelmark, give me insight!!

michaelmark5

MOREFIRE!
Car(s)
MKV's
According to a quote from EIP on vortex... they are laying some workers off and just selling what is available in their inventory on the internet.

Some reports have stated closing signs at some of EIPs store. But then others deny the claim.

It's a shame because I was interested in their exhaust. Michaelmark, give me insight!!
I was told by a very reliable source they closed there doors on Tuesday.I still love my FMIC & EIP TBE exhaust.The CAI(bypass valve)was the first problem ever with any EIP products...thats why I was always so quick to plug them when people asked about products.

JeepNGLI

Heart-ing Forge Since 06
WOW. Its a shame. I don't think their products are bad, I just think they have terrible business ethics. Its a poorly run company. I wonder if they have that detuned 500HP R32 for sale....lol

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R

I just called and they said they were not closing. gtiTom, I bought their 3in dp and I am more than happy with it.

Hilton_K

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Didn't have any problems with them, Short shift kit is brilliant!

JulioVR6

Norcal FTW
Car(s)
2008 R32 81-5k
FUCK them. such a rude people when i was trying get the CAI.
Im glad I didn't after allllllllllllllllllllllllllll this.

Hammersmith

Resident Cardiologist
Car(s)
MKV GLI
If you can find that thread on the R32 forums give it a read it basically validated what a lot of people thought about EIP from the beginning. For those that haven't seen it an insider over there basically ran down a list of customer cars that had problem while at EIP that were never disclosed to the customer.

Cars getting used parts, cars catching fire, motors blowing on the dyno, that kind of thing. I agree that they made some decent hard parts but the software has always been garbage, and well at this point the business ethics speak for themselves.

Then there is the infamous Waterfest run of an EIP tuned R32 that was supposedly nothing more than just an EIP stage 1 or 2 kit (don't recall exactly) EIP would not pop the hood and prove and it's long been suspected that he was running a bottle. People who had since purchased what was supposedly the same parts from EIP have never been able to duplicate the times.