GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECU Upgrades & The 2 Different Fuel Pumps.

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I've seen this mentioned briefly in other threads, but haven't found any serious discussion dedicated to it. If I missed anything, feel free to delete this topic.

According to Awe's website, when looking under the GIAC product tab for the 2.0T, you can see there are two different fuel pumps on the 2.0T. Part numbers 06F127025B and 06F127025F, with the latter being a revised, better performing pump. Awe recommend that you run the Sport chip file if you have the "B" pump, and that you only run the X chip if you have the "F" pump.

I've seen people mentioning that the revised pump came on the 07's, but I have an 06 and just checked it out yesterday... I have the revised version. When mentioning 06 or 07, let's not confuse the fact that the Canadian GTI started as an 07, and is the same as the US 06.

Now, apparently people using the more aggressive program have reported surging issues with the older pump. This is with GIAC. I've seen people mention fuel cut off with APR and Revo as well, and I'm wondering if the same holds true for these companies. Is the surging issue related to the pump number there also?

I just thought I'd bring this out for people who didn't know about it, and see if we can get some definitive answers about it.

b00sted

Ready to race!
The only flaw I see in your post, is that you seem to think all '06 Gti's only have the B pump. However, I believe it was week 35 changes that this change actually happened. This would make the LATE model 06's have the pump. The next major week was week 50, and those had even more part updates and things taken out..

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
there where some running changes, the '06s had the B and F, the 07 has H

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I actually don't assume anything about which model year has which pump tbh, sorry if it came across that way. When I first read about it I assumed MINE would have the B pump, simply because that's my luck... but I guess not.

My post was more related to finding out if people were having surging issues with ANY stage 2 on the older pump, or only GIAC.

Why'd they now make an even newer version?

ukdub

Test Pilot
I agree to a point. I have a 05 gti running APR stage 2. I was having fuel cuts until I changed to a cooler set of plugs. Do I think the fuel pump is an issue? Yes I do. But it isn't the only thing that is causing loss of power or fuel cuts.
1. spark plugs
2. fuel pump
3. dv valve
4. pcv valve

If you have an early GTI you should really change these items if you are running stage 2 with ANY remap.

Have any of you guys done all of the above. I havn't.
The only things I have changed are spark plugs and DV. It runs ok most of the time, but not all the time. I think most problems stem from the HIGH pressure fuel pump which is on the fuel rail. It cost over here about £100 which is about $200