GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS Tuning Hatch Pop (need help)

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
Hey guys, my hatch pop hasn't been "popping" correctly. After a few weeks of using my hatch the passanger side hydraulics unscrews. I'm pretty sure it's the wrong length or something is faulty with it.

Here is the side that is attached to my hood. When it's all the way screwed at the side that's attached to the car there's still threading.

This is the side that comes unscrewed every now and then and scratches my paint. I don't really care because it's the inside of my car but still. I don't feel like fixing this so often.

Thanks for any help.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Besides it unscrewing, what is not working? If the struts are weak, it won't open properly. I would try some blue or green loctite on those threads and it will stop coming apart.

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
Besides it unscrewing, what is not working? If the struts are weak, it won't open properly. I would try some blue or green loctite on those threads and it will stop coming apart.

It works fine. But occasionally it comes unscrewed and needs to be fixed. But one of these times I won't notice and the hydraulic part will get closed in the hatch and ruin my paint.

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
Sometimes ECS' prices aren't too competitive for me but their support of forums like this and customer service keeps bringing me back to them. Glad to hear! :thumbsup:

I completely agree. This isn't the first thing that I needed to get fixed and they replaced it free of charge. Great people over there at ECS. Thanks guys. :thumbup:

chad1230

Ready to race!
i had the same exact issue with my ECS hatch pop kit. The strut unscrewed from the plastic connection and it damaged the inside of my hatch.