GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS Shipping has gotten out of control!

CW08DSG

I don't care.
Car(s)
08 GTI 2dr DSG
Just received an email from ECS - they have now added USPS to their shipping options.

I priced a couple smaller, light items, and it was a fair amount cheaper than what it would have been with UPS. However it looks like it defaults to UPS when it reaches a certain weight point. I added 5 qts of oil, and the new total shipping charge was typical of what it would have been via UPS.

There is a tab showing shipping options, but it doesn't allow you to click on them to compare. Maybe someone from ECS can clarify things for us?

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion

Now offering cheaper shipping cost to the East coast and faster shipping to both West coast and East coast too! USPS also delivers on Saturday which is another plus.

CW08DSG

You can compare in the 2nd step of checking out - Delivery Options

Delivery Options will most of the time select the best pricing for you.

Andy

Last edited:

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Say what you want, but its true. Ive been lurking here for a while and am active on other forums. Most of you obviously dont know what it takes torun a business like that.

I worked in shipping for years, and I'm willing to bet I know a LOT more about business than you, having run my own for twenty years now.

Maybe you should just stick to those other forums.

brian9892

Ramblin' Wreck
I just ordered an end link nut from ecs, which they shipped through usps. The shipping costs were still ridiculous. $10 for a $1 part, so I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like nothing has changed. On top of that they sent the wrong part, so this will probably be the last time I do business with them.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
I just ordered an end link nut from ecs, which they shipped through usps. The shipping costs were still ridiculous. $10 for a $1 part, so I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like nothing has changed. On top of that they sent the wrong part, so this will probably be the last time I do business with them.

PM sent.

Andy

StewieGriffin

Banned

knew it.

martin27

Ready to race!
Wow. I forgot about this thread! I have contacted ecs before about the fender and they wouldn't lower the price. It's outrageous. I've had to get things from other sources as well. I know shipping has gone up, but $89 in state for a lite piece of metal is not actual cost.

martin27

Ready to race!
The USPS option helps out some, but not amazingly so. Glad to see a thread like this has helped them address the issue. Thanks for listening ECS and thanks to the fellow frustrated customers on getting the word out.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
Wow. I forgot about this thread! I have contacted ecs before about the fender and they wouldn't lower the price. It's outrageous. I've had to get things from other sources as well. I know shipping has gone up, but $89 in state for a lite piece of metal is not actual cost.

Weight and size plays a big factor in the shipping process, a MKV fender will use a decent sized box although it may be light - If you feel there is still an error in the shipping cost PM I would be glad to double check for you!

We also have added FedEx to the options too! :thumbsup:

Andy