GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS filter housing

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
completely agree, I wasn't arguing the need for a billet one. I do question to use of plastic on something that is so integral to an engine that is taken off and on so many times in the life of the car.

So true. But it would have cost them another few dollars. They'll do anything to save money. Just like giving us FSI owners a cheap cam/follower/fuel pump.

AND NEVER FORGET, EVERY PART ON YOUR CAR WAS PRODUCED BY THE LOW BIDDER! Think about that when you fly.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
theguy1084 - If you are still having any issues please PM me and I will get this taken care of!

If anyone experienced any issues with your oil filter housing please contact our customer service department - customerservice@ecstuning.com

Also please feel free to also PM me any questions or concerns - Andy

langer

i fix teefs
wrong tools? How much does a 36mm 1/2" socket cost? I understand not getting the drain fitting, but what other tools are you using to take it off/put it on?
I don't know what other people use, but I use the 36 mm socket and a small screwdriver to push the housing drain nipple out of the way. I haven't had a problem with it yet, but I make it a point not to overtorque. I'm assuming some people will use crescents or channel locks and that's when they break. I'm sure some of them fail even when people use the required tools, but that has to be rare.

theguy1084

Ready to race!
So true. But it would have cost them another few dollars. They'll do anything to save money. Just like giving us FSI owners a cheap cam/follower/fuel pump.

AND NEVER FORGET, EVERY PART ON YOUR CAR WAS PRODUCED BY THE LOW BIDDER! Think about that when you fly.

When I fly I am confident. I work for Boeing and I know that they spare no cost in parts and quality.

theguy1084

Ready to race!
theguy1084 - If you are still having any issues please PM me and I will get this taken care of!

If anyone experienced any issues with your oil filter housing please contact our customer service department - customerservice@ecstuning.com

Also please feel free to also PM me any questions or concerns - Andy

Thanks. I have always enjoyed doing business with ECS so it is surprising to get a part that is less than quality. Customer service is helping me out now by email.

Shades

Ready to race!
Yeah they can sometimes get really busy and take a few days to respond via email. I would either call or use their live person browser tech support.
As for the filter housing I've had mine on for 25k or more with no leaks.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
bump for updates.

Is the billet oil filter housing still leaking or has this been resolved?

Yes sir, the OP has been taken care of.

We are waiting on a new batch/order to land - keep posted!

2.5l model is also on the way!! :thumbsup:

Yeah they can sometimes get really busy and take a few days to respond via email. I would either call or use their live person browser tech support.
As for the filter housing I've had mine on for 25k or more with no leaks.

If anyone is having any issues contacting us, PM me - I will have it taken care of right away!

Andy

mark920

Ready to race!
I am looking at doing the INA filter housing conversion so I can run an adaptor plate for my oil pressure sender, theguy you may want to check that out as it allows you to use the 1.8t canister filters...

theguy1084

Ready to race!
I am looking at doing the INA filter housing conversion so I can run an adaptor plate for my oil pressure sender, theguy you may want to check that out as it allows you to use the 1.8t canister filters...

I don't mind the current setup. I never really had issues with oil leaks in the stock setup. I like the ecs housing but it leaked on me. Correct me if I am wrong but on the one I got I noticed that where the filter o ring goes didn't have a tapered grove like the stock one. Maybe this is the issue