GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS filter housing

theguy1084

Ready to race!
Does anyone have one of these? I just got one and it keeps leaking. I torqued it as instructed and it leaked all over my garage. I took it off adjusted the seal and it was better but still leaked. Has anyone had this issue? The seal that came with the new filter looks ok. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336929812.986238.jpg

Alik4041

Habibi!
Car(s)
08 Jetta Wolfsburg
engineering fail

theguy1084

Ready to race!
Bought it new. I should have researched it before I wasted $$$. I was ordering a bunch of stuff from them and figured why the heck not?

Hey does anyone want to buy an ECS filter housing? Lol... Time to email ecs and try to get my money back.

theguy1084

Ready to race!
Well I emailed them with no response after 2 days. I'm going to call them in the morning. This is crazy because from my experience they have always had decent customer service.

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Well I emailed them with no response after 2 days. I'm going to call them in the morning. This is crazy because from my experience they have always had decent customer service.

I remember when I had an issue last summer e-mailing didn't get the job done...called them though and got help within 5-10 minutes.

damsie101

When you crack one you'll know why some people get an aluminum one.

completely agree, I wasn't arguing the need for a billet one. I do question to use of plastic on something that is so integral to an engine that is taken off and on so many times in the life of the car.

theguy1084

Ready to race!
completely agree, I wasn't arguing the need for a billet one. I do question to use of plastic on something that is so integral to an engine that is taken off and on so many times in the life of the car.

My thing about the metal housing is that now you have the potential of breaking more expensive parts because it's metal screwed onto plastic. The should have made it like the vr6

On a better note ECS is paying for shipping and they will give me my money back. I had to send a second email asking why they didn't respond to my first one.