GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Economy Tune?

Finnegan

The Drunken Irishman
Do any of the tuners out there offer an economy tune as an option?

I figure it might be nice to have stock/performance/economy tunes to choose from depending on what kind of driving you're doing. You could turn down the boost and lessen the throttle response a bit for commuting back and forth to work or when there's bad weather, then turn it up to stock for a pleasant drive or performance for some real fun. This way you can have a economy car when you need it, a sporty car when you want it, and a performance car when you really want it. Ideally the fuel savings in economy mode would eventually pay for the tuner in the long run (especially with gas prices like they are right now).

So do any tuners offer that?

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
no tuners currently offer this, I've benn suprised how much better gas mileage i get by shifting at say 2500 rather than 3500 rpm. It's no fun though.

andrewt

Autocross Champion
That feature comes stock, its called the THROTTLE.

:laughabove:

not to mention, how much would it cost for you to purchase this 'economy tune?' if you got a 5mpg increase, how long would it take for you to recoup that original purchase money?

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Keeping the boost at a minimum is your best bet. So yeah.. throttle = bad. :smile:

The amount of time it would take to recoup the cost of a tune for 5mpg more is dropping each day though. I'm sure on my way home I'll see $4 per gallon.