GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

East Coast Pipeline Down

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
This is insane. We had lines around the block after Sandy blew through. They had to go to an odd-even day system to keep it in check. It worked well until they were able to get everything back up and running.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
After Sandy was crazy.

I remember being really angry that my fuel tank was on the driver's side since it seemed like lines to the other side pumps were shorter. 😄

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
After Sandy was crazy.

I remember being really angry that my fuel tank was on the driver's side since it seemed like lines to the other side pumps were shorter. 😄
Where you get gas isn't the hose long enough to reach around the other side if you get in the other lane?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
My first thought immediately went to hurricanes when I heard about this too. It's terrible being at the bottom of FL in situations like this. The only direction any of us can go is north and there's only a few roads that'll get you there. I only managed to make it back after running from Irma because we took like 12 gallons with us. I would have been waiting for gas stations to resupply like so many other people. With no where to go and no gas people were pretty much camping out at gas stations with their place in line.

Now we got a shortage of gas and we're about to enter hurricane season...and nobody is going back up north this year, so there's a ton of people here that aren't normally.

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
The wife wanted to go to Costco, so I guess we’re a part of the madness now. 😂

Store is practically empty, but the line for gas is circling around the parking lot.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The wife wanted to go to Costco, so I guess we’re a part of the madness now. 😂

Store is practically empty, but the line for gas is circling around the parking lot.
What's the price? Have they jacked it up yet?

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
What's the price? Have they jacked it up yet?
I’ll check on the way out.

On a side note, it sucks when you’re buying a lot of toilet paper during a panic. People are looking at me like I’m crazy, but I don’t care. Can’t have too much tp in a house full of kids. Especially not when the good stuff is on sale!

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
596n1l.jpg

Y'all got me scared so I went out to get some. 😄

No lines here yet but the stations closest to me were definitely busier than usual.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI