GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

East Coast Pipeline Down

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I only go to 1 gas station and it's kind of out of my way, but today I was driving by and...no gas.

cb1111

Texas has deep freeze earlier in year & power cuts for days, making petrol difficult to get out of the ground tanks & electric cars difficult to charge...

Now the main oil transportation pipeline from Texas to the eastern USA has problems & petrol/diesel etc is now in "short" supply as everybody panics...

Meanwhile in Ohio the Amish shrug their shoulders & go "meh....what problems..we have horse & buggy".... :ROFLMAO:

P.S.. I used to live in Ohio near-ish to an Amish community....
Wait until there is a hay shortage...

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
I saw a lady checking out with 6 gallons of chocolate milk last night. I will lay in bed at night for the rest of my life wondering what she was going to do with all of that chocolate milk.
I panic bought too. My kid overheard a teacher saying the might have to temporarily go back to remote learning. I went and got a case of craft beer

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
I once spent a winter living in a borrowed RV in Northern Canada, out of work, making decisions like "do I put gas in the truck to look for work, or feed me and the dog?"... she and I split way too many cans of tuna for dinner. I also saw that town burn down, and about 80,000 people evacuate on nearly zero notice, an awful lot of whom ran out of gas about 10 mins down the highway, while the next fuel was about 200Km further yet.

I'm still a Joe Lunchbucket wage slave, but now I habitually keep 2-3 months worth of food, 2 weeks worth of drinking water, 2 months worth of expenses in cash in the safe, and never let my tank get below half-full. There's also a jerry can full in the garage for the bikes. I'm not a prepper, but I'm prepared enough.

I couldn't believe the line-ups at all the pumps at the beginning of Covid, when gas here was down around 80¢/litre. Crazy.

Good luck to y'all... maybe ask the fellow in the big white house why this ransom attack is a state of emergency, but cancelling other pipelines is like a hobby? IDK.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
https://www.foxbusiness.com/technol...warns-of-fuel-shortages-following-cyberattack

Wonderful. VA is starting to feel it and now e'rybody is out fueling up.

My company (Wawa) is making hilarious money on this right now. We own 2 barges and get all our fuel direct from Galveston in Texas and ship it to FL and the Midatlantic. As soon as news about this broke, they redirected fuel supply in MA to VA and, while all the other retailers are running out of fuel, we are getting all the overflow and we have the capacity to stay stocked since VA is actually our smallest market in the company. Along with the insane demand, we get to up our prices like other people. But our supply isn’t diminished :)

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
1620862797572.jpeg

aaaaaaand unwatch

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
I'm in good shape for survival. My wife is a former Girl Scout Leader and when we get hurricane warnings, she knows exactly what to buy and how to prepare. She led a Troop for nearly 15 years and the lace-and-tea-set girls all quit in view of her love of camping and hiking. :D She even took them to a shooting range several times. She knows her stuff.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I once spent a winter living in a borrowed RV in Northern Canada, out of work, making decisions like "do I put gas in the truck to look for work, or feed me and the dog?"... she and I split way too many cans of tuna for dinner. I also saw that town burn down, and about 80,000 people evacuate on nearly zero notice, an awful lot of whom ran out of gas about 10 mins down the highway, while the next fuel was about 200Km further yet.

I'm still a Joe Lunchbucket wage slave, but now I habitually keep 2-3 months worth of food, 2 weeks worth of drinking water, 2 months worth of expenses in cash in the safe, and never let my tank get below half-full. There's also a jerry can full in the garage for the bikes. I'm not a prepper, but I'm prepared enough.

I couldn't believe the line-ups at all the pumps at the beginning of Covid, when gas here was down around 80¢/litre. Crazy.

Good luck to y'all... maybe ask the fellow in the big white house why this ransom attack is a state of emergency, but cancelling other pipelines is like a hobby? IDK.
Goddamn man.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Hahahahaha
Oh no that wasn’t because of what you posted.

it’s just crazy how a hack from Russia wrecked a private company’s pipeline. Yet everyone points fingers at Biden as if he was the one who emboldened Putin for 4 years. And as far as canceling keystone, the path it was taking was set to cause a problem. Also easily searchable.

what’s even crazier than that is how easy it is to seek this information. The truth is easily accessible, you know? Yet what’s being regurgitated is such a stretch and obviously bullshit.

what wawa does is what every American company is allowed to do. And that’s get away with success they don’t deserve. It isn’t illegal. It’s super shady but not illegal.

that’s enough political talk out of me.

Reactions: WAP

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Oh no that wasn’t because of what you posted.

it’s just crazy how a hack from Russia wrecked a private company’s pipeline. Yet everyone points fingers at Biden as if he was the one who emboldened Putin for 4 years. And as far as canceling keystone, the path it was taking was set to cause a problem. Also easily searchable.

what’s even crazier than that is how easy it is to seek this information. The truth is easily accessible, you know? Yet what’s being regurgitated is such a stretch and obviously bullshit.

what wawa does is what every American company is allowed to do. And that’s get away with success they don’t deserve. It isn’t illegal. It’s super shady but not illegal.

that’s enough political talk out of me.
One of the few things I believe in completely, is the incredible fragility of all these marvellous systems we've created; every kind of infrastructure, communications, financial markets, supply chains, all of it.

I don't have any opinion on what Biden has to do with this ransom hack, past behaviour, or whatever. He just happens to be the guy in the chair. Believe it or not I don't have any strong opinions about US politics. I simply think that governments are making bad choices when it comes to pipelines, which are - as evidenced by this event - absolutely critical to the functioning of society today. And I include Provincial and Federal governments on this side of the border too. Moreso, actually.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
. I simply think that governments are making bad choices when it comes to pipelines, which are - as evidenced by this event - absolutely critical to the functioning of society today.

They’re talking about infrastructure Change so that oil pipelines are no longer “absolutely critical to the function of society” as they are “today.”

because that’s what our planet needs. Oil pipelines always spill and break and destroy the environments around them.

I am aware that the mining that is done to harvest the rare earth metals required for EV Batteries and other high tech equipment like chips is also very degrading to the environment. Gotta start somewhere - move away froM something that is destructive at every stage of its production and use cycle, to something that is destructive in one part of the cycle. Then focus resources on reducing the negative impact of the part that is bad.

sorry if that makes too much sense, or I’m too much of a libtard to understand that climate change isn’t real