GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

dyno disappointment

Get-a Trek

Ready to race!
Car(s)
1997 Jetta Trek
GIAC. AWE down tube with 200 cell cat. Eurosport filter/intake.

Centrifugal dyno. 3 pulls. 3rd gear only.

204 whp. Seems a tad low to me. Guy told me 4th gear would give the same results or lower since it was a centrifugal dyno. Does all this sound right?

Viking445

Souless Day Walkin Ginger
how long have you had the reflash and downpipe? Your ecu might not have adapted completely. What was the air temp in the bay? When i got my stock car dynoed i was about 10hp short of what most people were getting bc it was 90+ in the dyno bay.

07Noside

Banned
Ambient conditionss do take toll out on the car. as far as a centrifugal dyno I don't know what that is and how which gear tested would equate to the same numbers?

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
Car(s)
2007 GTI UG 5 Door
Well, you've encountered the biggest problem with different dynos... they are different...

A word of advice for individuals who want to see what numbers their car puts down and don't plan on doing 100+ runs while tuning the vehicle and documenting change.... USE A DYNOJET!

Listen, dynojet reads higher than any other, and most people claim dynojet horsepower figures. Using anything other than a dynojet to figure out how much power your car is putting down is setting yourself up for disappointment.

NO ONE here can say your numbers seem low, because they didn't see the stock numbers on that exact dyno in those exact conditions... dynos are designed to show power changes, not set a number etched in stone for WHP. True, we use dynos as are end all/be all for what power our cars are making, but this isn't an accurate practice.

Hope this helps.

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
Well, you've encountered the biggest problem with different dynos... they are different...

A word of advice for individuals who want to see what numbers their car puts down and don't plan on doing 100+ runs while tuning the vehicle and documenting change.... USE A DYNOJET!Listen, dynojet reads higher than any other, and most people claim dynojet horsepower figures. Using anything other than a dynojet to figure out how much power your car is putting down is setting yourself up for disappointment.

NO ONE here can say your numbers seem low, because they didn't see the stock numbers on that exact dyno in those exact conditions... dynos are designed to show power changes, not set a number etched in stone for WHP. True, we use dynos as are end all/be all for what power our cars are making, but this isn't an accurate practice.

Hope this helps.
:lol:

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
Those numbers do seem low, however without a stock dyno I see no need for disappointment. People get too caught up with dyno numbers, IMO. As was said, they're for measuring change.

If you want to measure your car's performance (and potentially really disappoint yourself) take it to the track. :lol:
:thumbsup:

CHUNKDADUCE

Dirty Pirate Hooker...Arr
Car(s)
Dirty Pirate Hooker.
Dyno Jet for the Moral Boost!!:thumbsup: :bellyroll: