GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dyno Comparisons from last year and this year

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I had my car dyno'd last year and again this year on the same Mustang dyno. The only changes from last year are a BSH throttle body pipe, S3 I/C, and 225/45/17 tires which are slightly taller than the 235/40/17's I had last year. I think that explains the rpm differences in peak power and torque because shorter tires equate to a shorter overall gear ratio. All in all, I gained 6 peak whp and lost about 1wtq, but you'll see from the graph that last year it had a notable torque drop between 3600-3850rpm. I believe the TB pipe fixed that because midrange torque looks flatter and definitely feels more ballsy in the midrange rpm now.

It's worth noting that my AFR was a little lean down low too which is interesting since APR likes to be conservative. Not trying to start a war though. Overall, I'm happy with my cars performance, especially since it had almost exactly 20k more on it (99050 or something) from last years dyno run.

Peak numbers in 2010 with weather corrected factor:

221.3whp @ 6297rpm (who said K03's fail up top?!)
254.5wtq @ 3478rpm

Peak numbers in 2011 with weather corrected factor:

227whp @ 6021rpm
253.4whp @ 3721rpm

Performance/drivetrain modifications:

APR Stg 2, P flo with AEM Dry flow filter, ATP 3" catless DP, Autotech 3" CB, Eurojet Grenade DV relocate with noise pipe delete, BSH boost tap, BSH throttle body pipe, BSH PCV blockoff, BSH pendulum mount, S3 I/C, one step colder NGK copper plugs, VF short shifter, 23 pound wheels that were used both times, just the different tire sizes between the two years.

Pretty sure the squiggly lines are small fueling issues. My car really needs the HPFP!

2010:

2011:

Renagade

I am the Evil Bastard!!
if im reading your charts right (top two sheets), then I dont see a 1wtq loss. Im seeing a 2whp & 10wtq loss.

Still though, I think those are good numbers. I hope to dyno at some point when the temp drops below 80ºF here in TX

bill6211789

Ready to race!
those are good numbers, esp on a mustang :thumbsup:

madmortar

lalala I sing for you
Car(s)
08 GTi
on a higher reading dyno and the HPFP you should be in the 250-260WPH range. Numbers look good for stage 2 on a mustang dyno

fastgti69

M3 Eater
it looks good man! Those are solid numbers for stage 2. get the hpfp and ull see at least 10 whp

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
if im reading your charts right (top two sheets), then I dont see a 1wtq loss. Im seeing a 2whp & 10wtq loss.

Still though, I think those are good numbers. I hope to dyno at some point when the temp drops below 80ºF here in TX

Well, you're technically correct except that's before the weather factor. Look at the WCF and you'll see what I said.

Time for a KO4??

Eventually, yes. HPFP, Forge CC, and probably a clutch first.

it looks good man! Those are solid numbers for stage 2. get the hpfp and ull see at least 10 whp

Thanks! Can't wait to get a HPFP lol.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
when u get the hpfp get the apr or the hpfp upgrade one

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI

bill6211789

Ready to race!
Yup, I'll be getting the APR HPFP when the time comes.

The hpfp upgrade one is holding up very well, theres about a dozen guys running them with zero issues, im at 5k on mine (hard 5k) and the longest one has been in for a yr + with over 12k miles on it. There's flows more then all competitors and its cheaper and comes with a new n276 valve if u do the DIY kit

Just too keep it in mind.

Sent from my EVO

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
The hpfp upgrade one is holding up very well, theres about a dozen guys running them with zero issues, im at 5k on mine (hard 5k) and the longest one has been in for a yr + with over 12k miles on it. There's flows more then all competitors and its cheaper and comes with a new n276 valve if u do the DIY kit

Just too keep it in mind.

Sent from my EVO

I'll probably end up getting one already rebuilt from APR when they have their sale.