GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG working just fine

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
In another thread the OP said he had to have his DSG mechatronic replaced and said the problem is rampant... well, Im just reporting that after 57,000 carefree miles my DSG is working perfectly.

That is all.

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
31,000 and runs perfect, I did my own DSG Service at 30K and feels better than ever!!!

Volkswagging

Don't Hate, Inseminate
thank goodness. finally a thread about dsg working fine. problem is that people never post about it working well, only when things go wrong so that it appears the dsg has many issues. that said mine is working just fine at 6k

Perhaps you should list the mods you have too.

08 GTI
DSG, 248xxKM
APR Stg 1 @ approx 19XXXkm, Carbonio intake, BSH stg 2
No problems what so ever.

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
APR Stage 2+, APR HPFP, ATP DP, EVOMS Intake, Forge DV

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
Working good here.... so far.
13,000mi.
No engine mods.

03/2008 Build date.

Driving habits: Mostly in D mode to and from work. Only use Manual sometimes (for upshifting only, let the car do downshifting), and S mode never. I should try S mode one of these days though. Just nowhere to do it.

Last edited:

dubc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
21K here and nothing but smiles from me. I'm still amazed at the shifting speed.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
I think perception has a lot to do with whether or not people believe their dsg is working perfectly or not and their relative understanding of how this transmission works. I'm just over 30,000 miles and I have had my share of ups and downs with the tranny, mostly when I was flashed with stage 1 Revo. I'm looking forward to the dsg service at 40K (just not the price tag) but overall I'd say the pros heavily outweigh the cons of this transmission, at least for me. Right now I'm on the revo 2+ file and I still feel that revo needs to do a better job of calibrating their software to dsg's.

MasterGunnZ

The sex
Car(s)
GTI
Over 20k here. Been stage 2 since 5k and it runs like new.

MisterDuck

Ready to race!
I think perception has a lot to do with whether or not people believe their dsg is working perfectly or not and their relative understanding of how this transmission works. I'm just over 30,000 miles and I have had my share of ups and downs with the tranny, mostly when I was flashed with stage 1 Revo. I'm looking forward to the dsg service at 40K (just not the price tag) but overall I'd say the pros heavily outweigh the cons of this transmission, at least for me. Right now I'm on the revo 2+ file and I still feel that revo needs to do a better job of calibrating their software to dsg's.

I posted the other thread and I just wanted to clarify. I am going based on the many posts here that claim their mechatronics needed replacement and some from people I know. It seems to be only a certain range that I have been hearing about (which is late 2008 and 2009s).

Perhaps rampant was a bit strong of a word, but I wasn't exactly happy that the car was going to be out of commission for a month.

Also, one of the things that may have made it worse is I had no basis for comparison. I thought the rough shifts and surging was indicative of the type of transmission. When I drove my friend's TT I was completely surprised at how smooth it was at every RPM range and in every gear change. So if someone didn't know any better (and nothing outright failed or threw a CEL) they could drive for some time without it being obviously broken. I know I did : - (.

In any case I don't want to give the impression that I am against the DSG or VWs or whatever. As I said in the other thread, I love the car and I just want it to work properly.