GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG won't shift past 2nd gear during adaptation...WTF?!

BeveStrown

RIP Chewie, Bye GTHigh
My R32 is experiencing the classic DSG recall symptoms. Went to get it swapped out for a new MU, and during the adaptation process it won't shift past 2nd gear. The change between 1 & 2 is smooth, and the MFD and adaptation screen will show the R in 3, 4, 5 & 6.

Put the original one back in and adaptation worked fine. Drove it for 3 weeks until the DSG went from an annoyance to an issue (stalling). Put the new one back in (I'd kept it) - same issue.

Has anyone ever heard/experienced this?
Any insights?
Is it true that Rs and GTIs have different DSGs?

I'm stumped as to why. New MU on the way this week. Hopefully it adapts otherwise I'm up Shit's Creek with no paddle

Bodhi

Go Kart Champion
My R32 is experiencing the classic DSG recall symptoms. Went to get it swapped out for a new MU, and during the adaptation process it won't shift past 2nd gear. The change between 1 & 2 is smooth, and the MFD and adaptation screen will show the R in 3, 4, 5 & 6.

Put the original one back in and adaptation worked fine. Drove it for 3 weeks until the DSG went from an annoyance to an issue (stalling). Put the new one back in (I'd kept it) - same issue.

Has anyone ever heard/experienced this?
Any insights?
Is it true that Rs and GTIs have different DSGs?

I'm stumped as to why. New MU on the way this week. Hopefully it adapts otherwise I'm up Shit's Creek with no paddle

One has a power take-off to the rear wheels.

Does this help?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Only kidding. I figure the rest of the internals are similar.

I think the question should be whether the Mech. unit contains the TCM, since there was no change with a new Mech. Seems to me something other than the Mech. is causing the problem, unless you happened to get a defective new one. Time will tell - if the one on order doesn't perform correctly, I would look elsewhere. If you're under 5 yrs./60,000 miles, they will replace the entire transmission, if necessary.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
The TCM is in the Mechatronic, so if more than one Mechatronic is exhibiting the same issue I would suspect a mechanical problem like worn clutches or synchros.