GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG issues after Unitronic Stage 1+

Eric6014

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2 Door 2008 GTI DSG
Had my car flashed at waterfest a couple weeks ago. Went Uni Satge 1+. The tune is pretty badass and I'm really enjoying it so far, but the DSG seems a bit shaky since then and has me slightly concerned.

First, I'm getting rough shifts from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 in D mode only. I assume this has to do with the timing of the shifts in D mode, like it wants to shift quickly, at the normal interval, but now there's more power so it's not hitting at the right time. S mode and manual are smooth as butter because the shifts are longer.

Second, DSG farts are completely gone since the tune. I used to hear them all the time shifting from lower gears in D mode. Now nothing. I'm guessing this might be related to the first issue. Like the timing of the engine and DSG aren't 100% in sync. I understand that the fart is technically the ECU cutting fuel just before the shift. If that's not happening could it be a sign of something off with the transmission or the tune? :iono:

I really don't want to have to get a DSG tune. I have not scanned for codes. I'm planning to order a VCDS cable soon. In the meantime anyone have any thoughts about this?

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
There's a million threads out there on this. You just need to perform a DSG adaptation. The mechatronics unit is a learning system. It will pick up on your driving habbits and change settings based on that. When you tune, you add another 40-70hp and 60-100tq, your trans has no idea what to do with the additional power. The adaptation will reset that and reset your clutch packs to make up for wear. Simple fix if you or someone you know has vagcom. Dealers charge like $300 to do it, huge rip off. But 99% of the time this fixes the issue.

fastwire

Ready to race!
Iam in the same boat. Flashed to Stage2 and now the car sounds and rides awesome, but DSG in D mode is in crack.

The adaptation should correct it, but I havent done it. I drive more on M mode and call it a day, I love it! When I use D, I just baby it, and yeah some time to time, specially when cold it will make those loud and harsh shifts.

Oh yes, do your tranny fluid!