GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG - How long does it take to adapt?

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI
When I first flashed my car to stage 1 the shifts were kind of rough at WOT for the first 1200 miles. I put in a full pendulum mount 400 miles ago and that helped smooth things out a bit. But over the past week my shifts have become noticeably smoother, even smoother than I remember stock being. So is it normal for it to take 1000+ miles for the DSG to "learn" your driving style? I keep it in D until I reach operating temperature, then I switch to manual mode. DSG was last serviced at 42k, I'm at 68k.

fishst1x

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 GTI
When I first flashed my car to stage 1 the shifts were kind of rough at WOT for the first 1200 miles. I put in a full pendulum mount 400 miles ago and that helped smooth things out a bit. But over the past week my shifts have become noticeably smoother, even smoother than I remember stock being. So is it normal for it to take 1000+ miles for the DSG to "learn" your driving style? I keep it in D until I reach operating temperature, then I switch to manual mode. DSG was last serviced at 42k, I'm at 68k.

hm...i never see a point to switch between "D" and Manual unless Im eating or something else extracurricular if you know what I mean. I've heard all kinds of myths but you can never go wrong with doing something one way all the time...that way the next time you get different results you know its not the user...From personal experience in driving multiple dsg applications including my friend 674whp gtr...the adaptation is directed toward the driver. you have to know when to apply gas. if you need to shift down you need to pay attention to which gears are rougher than other and adjust accordingly. Dual clutch Manny trannies are like girls man...every single one is different and you have to feel it out...mine seemed to be good at 600 brand new from the factory but yours may be a little more feisty ;)