GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG - How does it work?

GTi Crow

Passed Driver's Ed
Tensixty6 said:
I ordered my GTi on the 3rd December 2005. VW Australia advised me today that it will be built in July and delivery will be September. 9 bloody long months.

Look on the bright side (possibly) VW normally do their upgrades in July, so cars built then will have 07 specs - this could be good or bad depending on the changes. The changes from the 05 to 06 version was about 50-50 IMO, although none really worried me.

The wait is worth it although very frustrating - no really the wait is a pain in the a**e, but it goes quick enough. :mad:

AM59Z2x31

Go Kart Newbie
Tensixty6 said:
I spoke to customer relations....1800 060 936. I gave them my Commission Build number which l got off Barloworld Glen Waverley in January.

Ive ordered Tornado Red with DSG, Sunroof and SatNav.

I'm very disappointed with the delay. When l first ordered it, the comment was...."worst case scenario, May". I know the dealer has no control over it but l fail to see that a five month delay can blow out to 9 months so quickly.

Thanks, I'll get my Commission build number and chase them up.

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
GTi Crow said:
Look on the bright side (possibly) VW normally do their upgrades in July, so cars built then will have 07 specs - this could be good or bad depending on the changes. The changes from the 05 to 06 version was about 50-50 IMO, although none really worried me.

The wait is worth it although very frustrating - no really the wait is a pain in the a**e, but it goes quick enough. :mad:

As you say, "this could be good or bad, depending on the changes". The trouble is, if l end up with a MY07 car, and it seems likely l will, what happens if VW makes a change that l don't like?

So yes, it could work two ways. At the end of the day, l think l'd prefer to get just what l ordered, no more....no less.

GTI DSG Freude am Fahren

Drag Race Newbie
DSG it´s really a DREAM :bow: :bow: :bow:
I have never driven before a better system (better than any BMW SMG). Since I got it I just love to cruise in "D", it sporty and comfortable at one time. For example driving in down town in 6th gear, want to pass the traffic light before it turns, foot down (kickdown) an it shifts in 2nd gear, makes great noise and off you go! Try this with a manuel gear box. It´s a beautiful system :wub:
I tried an Subaru Impreza WRX STI down town and it doesn´t make so much fun as the GTI DSG. It´s just perfect. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
You downshift from 6th to 2nd :confused: ? That dosen't sound like it's good for the tranny. Or is it safe?

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
GTI DSG Freude am Fahren said:
DSG it´s really a DREAM :bow: :bow: :bow:
I have never driven before a better system (better than any BMW SMG). Since I got it I just love to cruise in "D", it sporty and comfortable at one time. For example driving in down town in 6th gear, want to pass the traffic light before it turns, foot down (kickdown) an it shifts in 2nd gear, makes great noise and off you go! Try this with a manuel gear box. It´s a beautiful system :wub:
I tried an Subaru Impreza WRX STI down town and it doesn´t make so much fun as the GTI DSG. It´s just perfect. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I've got one of the first production DSG GTIs built, I've had it over a year now and put just about 26k miles on the clock thus far, and I'm enjoying it more and more every day. As I learn more about what the DSG is really capable of, the car is increasingly taken to its limits (always safely and responsibly :biggrin: ) and my enjoyment and appreciation of the car and what VW have done just keeps growing.