GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG fill tool using pressure sprayer

slickvic

I scare other drivers
I recently priced the VAS 6262 DSG OEM fill tool for refilling the DSG transmission and it now costs around $200. :mad0259:
Yes, there is the home made fix that was created by Deviantspeed:
http://deviantspeed.com/diy-ds...s6262

That solution is a bit too much DIY for me. My goal is to build a fluid filler that is priced as close to the Deviantspeed solution as possible without having to to do the whole drilling, thread tapping and JB weld routine.
My total cost was about $80.

First is the DSG fill adapter which I found at AST tools for about $37 + shipping. You can get it here:
http://www.asttool.com/detail_page.php?tool_number=ATF 16 DSG

Next buy a standard 1 gallon pressurized sprayer like so from any home improvement center:

Next obtain about 3 feet of clear hose, cut off the nozzle tip from the sprayer, attach clear hose and adapter.

Pentosin FFL-2 was used:

Filter and fluid kit:
http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen...m&utm_content=DSG&utm_campaign=DSGmaintenance

And finally the DSG service procedure:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=169356&highlight=DSG+DIY

Total service time was about one hour if you take it slow. :thumbsup:

Cliff Notes:
- Home made DSG fill tool ~ $80
- Filter and fluid kit ~ $140
- Knowing you did the service yourself. "Priceless"

Last edited:

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
awesome!

please post a video on youtube of you doing the whole process!

Xanatos

Banned
if people end up making a few of these filler tools and sell them on the classifieds for the 40k and 80k people they'd make a killing. That and they could just keep passing them around. Since everyone is going to need to do this at some point, and they save roughly $500 doing it this way.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Nice. Someone needs to do this with a bunch of pics!

eurocoptermarty

Car(s)
2006 VW gti
pressure sprayer?

I think I would like to make a DSG tool myself instead of paying lots of money for a similar tool. But how does the pressure sprayer tool work?:iono:

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
Car(s)
2011 GTI CCTA
think IV-drip bag. Not sure if you're meant to pump the fluid into the trans case, or if you just turn the thing upside down and let it drain into the case like the DIY showed.

however, i for one would like to find some people who want to do this, or have done this, and perform this service together. Sounds like a 2 person or more job to me. Especially since I don't have a vag-com

mrlapou

Ready to race!
Okay a quick update.... It's an easy one person job. Can use hand-held infra-red temp gun targeted on DSG sump to read temps. VW give a 10c variance range, so it's not exact science.
I made up my own DSG oil change rig. Used a drilled out DSG plug (bought from dealer) into which epoxyed a plastic fitting. (ref pic).

It worked 100%, but was perhaps whole rig was over kill. I have been thinking what else would work almost straight out of the box. VW tech sheet says allow oil to flow into box, not sure they want it injected under any pressure. Warmed oil will help flow rates.

No do not laugh or ask how I came by this, but caught a glimpse of this emena kit which looks ideal.
All that's needed is to buy a drain plug, drill it out for the barbed fitting on the plastic valve so it's a push fit and expoxyed to secure.

Viola... cheap deposable clean refill tool.
As required, pour each 1litre of oil into the bag.
To help oil flow more easily, let the 1 litre bottles sit in warm water for a several mins.

The whole rig should cost not more than $15 ~ $20.

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
Car(s)
2011 GTI CCTA
wow bro, let me know how that works out for you. If it does, I might employ you to make me one. Haha.

so a temp gun would work just pointed at the box.. really? explain this perhaps in detail. Not sure if I follow. You're just checking temps, not re-calibrating?