GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

dsg dual mass flywheel replacement

socalhatch

Don't panic it's organic
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Have been getting a rather loud metal vibrating sound lately, i thought it was coming from my front lip set up but i took my whole front end off only for the noise to be much louder.

From doing a bit of research on video and effing with the car so much i believe it's the dual mass flywheel. Sense i will be replacing this does any one have experience doing this on a 2006 dsg ? Also would it be a good idea to do clutch packs and maybe lsd at the same time ? The car is high mileage with 120,000 on the clock. If so does any one have a part number for said flywheel or if you could tell me witch of the 2 available options on ecs tuning is right for my car.

any help thanks.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Volkswagen Group internal code: DQ250, parts code prefix: 02E

More than you want to know about DSG
http://www.evosoft.dk/diagrams/DSG_02E.pdf

For proper part numbers I would go to dealer with your VIN.

Not sure either of those are right for your car. One for very early production 2006 5/31 and before, One for BPY 2008 only.

socalhatch

Don't panic it's organic
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Volkswagen Group internal code: DQ250, parts code prefix: 02E

More than you want to know about DSG
http://www.evosoft.dk/diagrams/DSG_02E.pdf

For proper part numbers I would go to dealer with your VIN.

Not sure either of those are right for your car. One for very early production 2006 5/31 and before, One for BPY 2008 only.

yea i wasn't sure about the part number either they don't make much sense.

That's a damn good article on the dsg though .

socalhatch

Don't panic it's organic
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Replacing the differential takes time, patience and the right tools.

i wouldn't take on the diff install or clutch packs. i feel comfortable changing the flywheel out but not the rest, just want to know if i should save up and knock out all 3 at the same time. Or just change my fly wheel and hope my dsg is ok at 120,000.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I had to have a new DMF installed around 72k miles. I was under extended CPO warranty though, so I just had the dealership do it. The second one is also rattling now (the typical marbles in a tin can sound) at 127k miles.

There is a DIY to check to see if the flywheel has excessive play. It's actually pretty easy and just requires removing the starter motor and rotating the flywheel.

DMF play in DSG diagnosis DIY

socalhatch

Don't panic it's organic
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I had to have a new DMF installed around 72k miles. I was under extended CPO warranty though, so I just had the dealership do it. The second one is also rattling now (the typical marbles in a tin can sound) at 127k miles.

There is a DIY to check to see if the flywheel has excessive play. It's actually pretty easy and just requires removing the starter motor and rotating the flywheel.

DMF play in DSG diagnosis DIY

That's what I wanna know if there is a upgraded version to stop this or just replace with oem and leave my clutch packs alone