GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG drivability after chip?

Almost afraid of posting a chip question as a first post!

Dont care about the power wars. Just interested in drivability. My DSG GTI will be a daily driver, so it really needs to drive smooth, no reliability issues in all sorts of driving - from bumper to bumper traffic, to full tilt on country back roads.

I heard the DSG shifts gets jerky after reflash? True or utter nonsense?

I have read all the brand x chip has y problem, so pls dont post on that. How is your modded car in daily driving?

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
the dsg might need to adapt to new power levels, so if it is jerky just reset it using vagcom.

otherwise it should still be smooth as silk (if it was smooth before).

whoalse

Snap8
Car(s)
Silva Bullet
like someone said before in other posts....smooth as Miranda's bum....(i'd like to know that myself).....

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI
like someone said before in other posts....smooth as Miranda's bum....(i'd like to know that myself).....

:needpics: of Miranda's bum that is....Should I know who Miranda is BTW???

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Hands off, she's mine, all mine.
[gloats]

None of the chips should give you any dramas with driveability. Just ask onpole01, he drove my bluefin not long ago. He was sold right after. Not sure if he's doing GIAC or Bluefin though. No dramas for the better looking half of the world either. If anything, driveability gets better. Just have to get used to the throttle so you don't spin i the wet, but that will happen anyway as stock!

funny

Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Here's my girl - hands off! :wink:

normal_004.jpg

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI
Hands off, she's mine, all mine.
[gloats]

None of the chips should give you any dramas with driveability. Just ask onpole01, he drove my bluefin not long ago. He was sold right after. Not sure if he's doing GIAC or Bluefin though. No dramas for the better looking half of the world either. If anything, driveability gets better. Just have to get used to the throttle so you don't spin i the wet, but that will happen anyway as stock!

OH Shit!! Miranda's not your wife is it?. :frown:.. Sorry dude I was thinking you were referring to a celeb or sumpin.

:respekt:

robbyx

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Big Yellow man!

HAHA, having some issues with gearchanges from 1 to 2... sometimes, it's very jerky, not entirely sure why. So far it only happens in 'D' mode..

How can I reset it through VAGCOM.... need a hand!

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI

funny

Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Somehow me and her wouldn't produce my asian looking boy...
But hey, one can dream...
All the mags keep saying she's on again, off again with Orlando after all.

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Do it... its only really initially as the DSG adapts to the different power level that its a bit jerky but thats to be expected with a large change in torque.

mljchan

gti mkv fanatic
Car(s)
gti mk5
haven't had any issues with jerkiness from day 1 of re-flash.smooth as ever.
as for smooth bums, i reckon megan fox would be pretty smooth. sorry Lima.

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
Hey Big Yellow man!

HAHA, having some issues with gearchanges from 1 to 2... sometimes, it's very jerky, not entirely sure why. So far it only happens in 'D' mode..

How can I reset it through VAGCOM.... need a hand!
Bring it round to lucas. He'll sort it out for you!