GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG DQ200 dry

toom01

Car(s)
Golf V
Hi, I have golf 5 1.9 tdi dsg dq200 dry clutch 2008y 77kw. And I have suggestion.
When I drive in town and see traffic lights start going red and I am need 200m for stop. I put shift in N and driving like this and braking. So I don't won't clutch braking and slow down engine.
So can I somehow reprogramming with vcds mehatronic? When I press accelerate pedal I drive normal. But when I released leg from pedal then I would like too see N on my computer board. No matter if he still in D. Because, if I need acceleration I press gas pedal and he finds gears and accelerate.
If this is not possible, maybe when I release foot from gas pedal stay normally in gear, and when press brake pedals shift going in N. So now when press brake still stays in gear and going down and I fill how help engine to brake.
I doing this by moving shift arm. I drive and now I am in 5 gear. If I see I need to stop in 300m. When my rpm is still higher It's so soft to move shifts arm from D to N. And I am in neutral. So I drive and see light it's red then braking. But if I need acceleration before i move shifts arm in D again I press gas pedals between 1300 1500rpm and without brake pedals just pull shift arm in D. And this is the same smooth and don't have jerking. And electronic choose gear 3 4 5 depending how fast you driving and how much rpm is high. And now I would try reprogram dsg to electronic doing woth I do. I know someone says brake pads and rotors is going down. But on golf 5 this is cheap, and clutch is not. Thanks

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Vcds will not handle this, you need to check with the DSG tuners and see if any of them are even cable of writing software for what you are asking.

toom01

Car(s)
Golf V
Hi, me again. I doing basic settings 0AM and drive like they say on ross tech. DSG working fine but I am interested for last check. Check how everything finished. Last is something and don't know where to go to find. I put picture and you see line is yellow. Something, 3 and more is for pass. Where to see this value. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20200912_012403.jpg
    20200912_012403.jpg
    656.9 KB · Views: 107

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
So they want you to see what is in MB 180.1 & 200.1 or group 180 field 1 and group 200 field 1 of control module 02-auto tran

In Vcds select control module, select 02-auto tran, select measuring blocks 08, in the group boxes type 180 and press go in next group type 200 and press go. The groups will have four field boxes 1 through 4 you want to look at field 1 of both the 180 & 200

Hi, me again. I doing basic settings 0AM and drive like they say on ross tech. DSG working fine but I am interested for last check. Check how everything finished. Last is something and don't know where to go to find. I put picture and you see line is yellow. Something, 3 and more is for pass. Where to see this value. Thanks.

vwengineer

Ready to race!
Regarding your first point, can you explain what are the benefits of what you do?

I would say there is no point on putting the gearbox in neutral when coasting since in D it's slowing the car down but also don't use fuel which it does in N. Also you will wear you brake pads quicker since the engine doesn't help to slow down the car. In addition, in neutral you don't have control of the car if you need to accelerate quickly

toom01

Car(s)
Golf V
Regarding your first point, can you explain what are the benefits of what you do?

I would say there is no point on putting the gearbox in neutral when coasting since in D it's slowing the car down but also don't use fuel which it does in N. Also you will wear you brake pads quicker since the engine doesn't help to slow down the car. In addition, in neutral you don't have control of the car if you need to accelerate quickly
Hi, this is just my opinion. First if you have DQ200 I say dry clutch. I don't try with wet clutch. So, I try next. DSG have electronic shifting, I meaning electronic say shift up or down. Now I am driving lets say in 4 gear in town and see I need stop. When I press brake pedal I already use brakes and in this moment dsg shift down and gears going down. So if I need to fast speed up he is ready. In this you have write. But you need to try brake in N. It so smoothly and gerbox don't have any load. When you drive manual shift then if you are in 4 gear and need to brake immediately when you press brake you press clutch pedal. If you don't engine still give power to gerbox. I think when you press brake in dsg is not going on neutral like manual. Pressing brake you are still in this gear and how car slow down dsg shift down. I try brake in D to the end and when I go in N. In N it's so smooth and don't have any torque on gerbox or flywheel. And believe I stop something faster. Ok, maybe I need change pads often but pads for golf 5 ATE all 4 wheel is 60€. Clutch and flywheel is 1500€. I change this so I know.
So, now I try this manual like I say. Diving, if I see red light still my rpm is 1500 or more and if you just little kick shift arm in N from D without brake pedals he is out. If you would like back, just first press gas pedal around 1300 1600rpm and move arm in D. Electronic find immediately the best gear. I don't say this is something better just I think gerbox don't work so much and working longer. And now I read articles how braking with gerbox and engine is not good. I give someone my car to try reprogram dsg just to trying how will be. When you doing this manual you can't always hits moment rpm and when pull arm . Electronic can doing this no problem. And my friend, I don't say this is the best. Just I would like to try. Thanks