GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG and chip?

LiquidG

Touring Car Champion
Can the dsg handle a chip? How bout a chip exaust and intake or would the dsg blow into little peices.

How much gain are people seeing with a exaust and intake?

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
I believe I heard the DSG is looking at 450 for it's peak. Who knows how long it will last in that neighborhood though.

herrstreet

Touring Car Newbie
VW stops using the DSG with the R36, which makes over 250 hp. An article I read claimed that was their cutoff for the DSG as we now know it. If you have 450 hp in any gti, you are going to tear it up much much faster than normal. That's over 200hp/ liter.

To be honest, I think the GTI struggles to get all that power down as it is... doubling it's peak power would only make it a handful to drive.

LiquidG

Touring Car Champion
So will 270 hp 320 torque will it be safe? How bout limiting the torque is it possible to \nly allow 250 torque but still have the hp? What about a heavy duty tranny cooler.

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
Tranny coolers always help, with a stock or modded car. Either way it will prolong the life. He makes a good point though. If you're going to be looking to do those sorts of numbers getting the tranny prepped is crucial. Getting it cryo treated or something of the like would help, but who knows if any tranny shop would touch it because of the complexities of the DSG.

LiquidG

Touring Car Champion
Is anyone running the chip with DSG? I am planning to keep the car possibly for a good 10 years, what if I were to run it in stock mode and a few times a month I run the chip like on tracks, no reason to drive with the chip on if im just driving normal, will this help the life of the tranny consideably? Also how much does a new dsg tranny cost if I were to blow it in 6 years?

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Supposedly the stock DSG is good upto 400HP and 450HP and above there is a required mod. Someone had posted that info in here or another site. I'm not planning on going that high on a daily driver maybe 300WHP and that's it.
Once I get mine and get 5k on the odo... I'll be doing the aftermarket drop-in air filter element, GIAC chip, high-flow cat, down-pipe, bigger FMIC, full exhaust and some misc tweeks as well. And also do... before and after dyno data logs at a friends shop.

AlEkZ

Ready to race!
Wild Hare said:
Supposedly the stock DSG is good upto 400HP and 450HP and above there is a required mod. Someone had posted that info in here or another site. I'm not planning on going that high on a daily driver maybe 300WHP and that's it.
Once I get mine and get 5k on the odo... I'll be doing the aftermarket drop-in air filter element, GIAC chip, high-flow cat, down-pipe, bigger FMIC, full exhaust and some misc tweeks as well. And also do... before and after dyno data logs at a friends shop.

Nice, can't wait til you get your GTI and we can look at some numbers :thumbsup: