GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver's side Window keeps going down?

My windows have been vag'd for auto windows from the keyfob for over a year now and had this happen to me one time before but it went away after i restarted the car.

The issue is, on the driver's side when i press to close the window, (2 triggers for Automatic) it goes up and then once it hits the top it will go down 2 inches.

the passanger side is perfectly fine. So I tried to do the same fix when this happened about 5 months ago, i took the key out and restarted the car.

But this time, it didnt fix it, but instead, now the automatic window Up/Down is now gone, and it only works if you hold it to go up.

So what the heck happened? What can I do to fix this? I currently don't have vag with me but i could get access to it if necessary.

The passanger side works still without issue.

My car is 2 door so no working rear windows in the back.

If unclear, i can get a video up.

flyguy27

Ready to race!
Pinch protection activating for some reason

Yes that's what i was thinking, and there isn't anything blocking it. i had my window down about half way and then i got to the gym, turn off the car and pull the window up (automatic) and then it just kept on doing it - around 10 times I tried, then i restarted the car and then the auto just disappeared.

I know vw is famous for powered window issues and I'm trying to think if its Vag related or something is not working correctly. Don't really want to take it to the dealer for this.. I dislike the dealerships.

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
It could be couple thing worng and without scaning with Vag-com to see if any faults are stored.If your window is not binding up then these will be the cause.

1= Window switch losing it's memory
2= Window motor defected.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Happens to me once every maybe 50 times...but it got me paranoid and i always stand there and wait to make sure they are all the way up..

PS the automatic switching doesn't work now, because it has been reset...

Use the switch in the car to move the window all the way down (manually) then all the way up...and automatic switching should be back..

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
Window all the way down and hold it a few seconds... Then window all the way up and hold it few seconds. This happened to me at the dentist a few nights ago. All fine since.

Killswitch24

Ready to race!
Motor lost stop point. This can happen sometimes. Like Heartagram131 said, (except going down doesn't matter) with the window up, hold the switch for a few seconds. Do this twice. Should be good to go.

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
Fixed yet? Pull the switch all the way up. And hold it after the window hits the top of the frame.

411big

Ready to race!
If I roll my windows up while I turn off my car the passenger window always goes back down a bit. I never knew what caused it