GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver side caliper!

Mrvdub444

I'VE GOT A LEMON!
Car(s)
Candy White MKV
If anyone could tell me or has directions on how to replace the driver side caliper that would be great!

vagike

what is the issue?

Mrvdub444

I'VE GOT A LEMON!
Car(s)
Candy White MKV
Here is the new caliper. Break line was cut, all I have to do is re-place that line with the existing one? Question 1) When re-placing that line should I drain the fluid?

On photo two (the below), you can see there is no piston in the caliper.... Question 2) how do I remove the piston out of the old caliper...?

Attachments

• car brake.jpg
    car brake.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 156
  • car brake 1.jpg
    car brake 1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 143

gerrywac

Passed Driver's Ed
Do a search for calliper swap, that will give plenty of posts to look through giving the DIY

You will need to refill and than bleed the the line you are working on. If the fluid is old or you are unsure you should think about bleeding/filling the other callipers through the bleed nipples and the hydraulic clutch

Best way to get the calliper piston out is with a garage compressed air line after removing the brake hose use the hole for the nozzle. put a 1/2"thick pad of cloth jn the slot and cover the calliper with an old towel. The piston comes out with quite a pop and fluid sprays everywhere. check the old piston carefully to check it is OK to re-use. If seals are old and tatty or the fluid has never been changed corrosion inside the calliper can damage it and the piston

Mrvdub444

I'VE GOT A LEMON!
Car(s)
Candy White MKV
Do a search for calliper swap, that will give plenty of posts to look through giving the DIY

You will need to refill and than bleed the the line you are working on. If the fluid is old or you are unsure you should think about bleeding/filling the other callipers through the bleed nipples and the hydraulic clutch

Best way to get the calliper piston out is with a garage compressed air line after removing the brake hose use the hole for the nozzle. put a 1/2"thick pad of cloth jn the slot and cover the calliper with an old towel. The piston comes out with quite a pop and fluid sprays everywhere. check the old piston carefully to check it is OK to re-use. If seals are old and tatty or the fluid has never been changed corrosion inside the calliper can damage it and the piston

You're the best!! :thumbsup:

Tutti57

Ready to race!
I've it a tool in the specialty program that allows you to bleed the brakes by yourself. A pressure bleeding.