GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Motorsport

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
just flash it over to the stock ori file for the emission testing. You should have that file since it's the first one you read with the programmer.

No that one is meant for a stock K03. I was told not to flash to that one, or the car would be in some serious trouble if I started it up

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
As far as waiting for the stock file though. Garrett came through this afternoon and gave me 2 stock files. One with a cat delete and one without that both delete the P0420 code for the secondary oxygen sensor.

TimVFR

Hopefully they will get back in touch with me to get me going with my programmer. Really no excuse for not replying to a customer for two months.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Hopefully they will get back in touch with me to get me going with my programmer. Really no excuse for not replying to a customer for two months.

Maybe it's because you're in Hawaii and them sending the programmer out that way would take longer to get there & back....hurting other potential sales/tying it up

That's how I would see it anyways

fastwire

Ready to race!
My experience with DM has been good. They wont respond emails asking things that arent related to asking for a file or for payment.
At the most they will answer a first email about their service and how it works.

I recently asked for the stage 2 file, and Garrett was nice and sent me the 2 files for stage 2, a 91 and 93 octanes. Now that I completed the 4 files (the other 2 are the same both octanes but stage 1) I will have to pay a fee for if I wanna go to stage 2+, thats no problem as I got a free stage2 upgrade.

My question is: If I ever need to flash back to stock for emission passing, how I flash the car with the stock file?

I only flashed to stage 1, and when I install the DP will flash to stage 2, I only should connect the programmer and flash it? how to flash to oem ?

OP: be polite and think that they will only answers email that are directly about the flash files. If you are in a row for the loaner tool, then he will respond/contact you when your turn is called for. dont sweat it, relax and be patient. (I know is difficult, I was the same at the end of the year but everything will get sorted out and you will have your fast gti soon.

TimVFR

Maybe it's because you're in Hawaii and them sending the programmer out that way would take longer to get there & back....hurting other potential sales/tying it up

That's how I would see it anyways
Hawaii isn't a foreign country:) Doesn't take any longer to ship FedEx or UPS 2nd day round-trip than any other state. And I am already one of their customers of their programmer.

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
My experiences with their tune has been great... my experiences with their service has been awful.

Last year when I first got my tune, everything went smoothly and they were fast to respond when I sent them my stock file. I loved my K04+ tune, it was everything that APR wasnt.

But then I threw a secondary 02 sensor code which was weird bc I thought most companies disabled the secondary 02... so I asked for a revision, no response. Asked again a month later, no response. Asked again a month later, finally a response asking for what hardware I had, I responded promptly and got no response after.

So I gave up.

Now I cant pass emissions bc as soon as the system is ready my 02 sensor error pops up, and yes I already have an 02 spacer.

That alone wasn't a big deal, but then my flapper motor goes and I installed the delete kit to save myself the hassle down the road. So I reach out to DM, both Sales and Engineering emails, asking for a tune that addresses the cold start issues of the delete... no response.

I get it that they've become popular the last year, but part of that success is the convenience and appeal of the "custom" experience, and that they haven't completely abandoned the FSI platform the way APR has. BUT if they cant respond to the emails, or do the tunes fast enough... HIRE MORE PEOPLE!!! Its upsetting that I was sold a custom experience and after they got my initial money I don't exist.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
But then I threw a secondary 02 sensor code which was weird bc I thought most companies disabled the secondary 02... so I asked for a revision, no response. Asked again a month later, no response. Asked again a month later, finally a response asking for what hardware I had, I responded promptly and got no response after.

So I gave up.

Now I cant pass emissions bc as soon as the system is ready my 02 sensor error pops up, and yes I already have an 02 spacer.

You probably have a bad 02 sensor. DM doesn't mess with the 02 sensors.

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
You probably have a bad 02 sensor. DM doesn't mess with the 02 sensors.

They don't disable the secondary sensor like APR does with its stage 2 and higher tunes?

... and if that is the case, then why couldn't they just say that they wont touch the sensor?

There is really no excuse for their lack of communication when I've been so patient with them. You're talking about an issue I've had since the week after I first flashed their tune a year ago.

TimVFR

Wondering if anyone has actually been in recent contact with them? I've tried numerous times over the past months and absolutely nothing in reply. They may have a great product, still waiting to find out on my own, but they are extremely poor on customer service & support.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
I've emailed as well, and I'm still waiting. But I've noticed in the past that they really don't respond. I'm feeling a bit let down as well.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
They don't disable the secondary sensor like APR does with its stage 2 and higher tunes?

... and if that is the case, then why couldn't they just say that they wont touch the sensor?

There is really no excuse for their lack of communication when I've been so patient with them. You're talking about an issue I've had since the week after I first flashed their tune a year ago.

Nobody is making excuses just trying to help you solve your 02 problem as a fellow forum member. Sorry for trying to help.

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
I heard from Garrett a week ago, and Bronson sent me my files tonight - 4 hrs after I sent the stock one too him. I was impressed - but now this thread has me scared that any follow up will fall on deaf ears..

I don't get the feeling there is much more than the two of them - going by what Garrett said months back. Garrett does a regular day shift, and Bronson tunes evenings and deals with overseas suppliers/dealers into the a.m.

I have noticed they seem to have gone MIA from the forums for a while now. If it's a staffing issue, kind of sad. I recall people mentioning this to them a year ago when it took a while to get responses. Seems for many on here that the customer service took a back seat to expanding their dealer network.

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to switch between my 91 and 93 oct modes, as it came as one file - so I may end up following up to ask them. Fingers crossed I don't have any issues I need them to review logs and tweak accordingly. Hopefully they respond if I do. :frown:

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Nobody is making excuses just trying to help you solve your 02 problem as a fellow forum member. Sorry for trying to help.

Oh Im sorry dude, :frown: dont take my frustration with the lack of communication from them as a frustration with you. I appreciate the comment, I really do. What I love about this forum is the willingness to reach out for help without aggression from its members. :thumbup:

Wondering if anyone has actually been in recent contact with them? I've tried numerous times over the past months and absolutely nothing in reply. They may have a great product, still waiting to find out on my own, but they are extremely poor on customer service & support.

I actually heard back from Garrett tonight with my tune updated for the FMD. I wont know if it also disabled the secondary o2, or whether they even do that at all bc he didn't say in the email.

I appreciate that they finally got back to me, and I love their product. I wish the chain of communication was less frustrating though.