GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Motorsport

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
Thanks for the email, 2slow.

Anybody know what the last version of the DM K04+ tune was?
Mine says 4.30, but I feel like there was newer.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Running a revision of 4.30 for my overboost issues, last file I received was February this year.

Last time I contacted them (Febuary) Antone was pretty responsive. Haven't had the need to contact them in a while.

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
Has anyone reliably been able to get in contact with DM in the last 3-4 months? I'm going to have to look at switching tuners... one more reliable after the sale.

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
Has anyone reliably been able to get in contact with DM in the last 3-4 months? I'm going to have to look at switching tuners... one more reliable after the sale.

Nope. Their social media presence ceased end of 2015. According to their Facebook page, the business is located in Bangkok now?!

So much for their promise to support existing customers with handheld tuners. If they are still in business it's looking like they only cater to the shops installing their tunes..

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
DM did me a solid and took care of me where APR dropped the ball. I have not contacted them since February and Antone was pretty responsive then.

Wish they would update their web presence to let people know if they were still alive. They had a good thing going.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Where in NH do you go to get the DM tunes? Also, are they much better powerwise than APR?

They shipped you an aliengate3 programmer and e-mailed you tunes and you could flash your car at home. They were putting out great tunes and their stage 2+ tune was IMHO massively better than APR's. Really came through when APR dropped the ball and Bronson and I traded logs and tunes until my car ran right.

They fell off the planet it seems, sent them an email not long ago and got no response. My source for industry drama has heard nothing from them.

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
I have some what of an inside source.

Basically, Bronson is more concerned with his business in China and other overseas countries than he is in the US. They do more business in china in a Day then they do in a week here in the US.

It's really unfortunate b/c their tunes were fantastic. Customer Service was just garbage once they had your money for most people.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Bronson bailed me out and did me a solid, glad to hear his buisness is doing well.

I'd love for DM to expand a bit and get some folks to sell/support us US folks in a reasonable time frame.

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
yea... I loved my F23T tune from DM, and bronson def worked with me in tuning that... but it was difficult to get ahold of him when i wanted to get my DSG tune. And then, his DSG tune never enabled launch control on my car, which was frustrating.

Never got that fixed before I sold the car.

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
Well, that's a fine "screw you" to anyone who paid for a tune and the supposed customer service that was suppose to set them apart.
Not to mention the shops that signed contracts with the guy... they're also pissing in the wind, if Bronson has done them the same way he has my our shop.

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
Well, that's a fine "screw you" to anyone who paid for a tune and the supposed customer service that was suppose to set them apart.
Not to mention the shops that signed contracts with the guy... they're also pissing in the wind, if Bronson has done them the same way he has my our shop.

Is that you, Keith? :sm3:

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
Is that you, Keith? :sm3:

yeah! Took me a minute to realize that was you lol. I don't spend nearly as much time on this site as I used to..

Because of this cluster cuss, I'll be hunting a new tuner after I finally get my upgraded clutch installed this spring..