GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Motorsport K04+

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Anyone here still running DM K04+ tuning? I'm not sure if I'm having issues or not but trying to figure out how much boost I should be seeing. I haven't yet run logs to see requested boost but my slipping clutch hasn't ben slipping lately so I'm thinking I might not be running at 100%.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Nope!
Boost varies because it is basically an e-tune rather than a canned tune. Have you never known what the boost was when running well? When Bronson first sent my tune it was boosting over 30 psi. He dialed it down within the tune and I additionally adjusted WG preload so max was nearer 26 psi. But it would load boost to 28 psi. This was gauge pressure of course because data doesn't show more than 23.5 psi even with the 3 bar MAP sensor.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Nope!
Boost varies because it is basically an e-tune rather than a canned tune. Have you never known what the boost was when running well? When Bronson first sent my tune it was boosting over 30 psi. He dialed it down within the tune and I additionally adjusted WG preload so max was nearer 26 psi. But it would load boost to 28 psi. This was gauge pressure of course because data doesn't show more than 23.5 psi even with the 3 bar MAP sensor.
Honestly I hadn't really paid attention in a long time - everything just worked really well. It still drives well and seems to pull reasonably hard but the fact that my clutch isn't slipping as easily doesn't make sense. I was the original development car for Bronson on this and we worked through probably a dozen revisions. I seem to remember pushing at least into 22-24psi range but I think it depends on the gear. I need to run some logs and see what it's requesting. I also think my DV needs to be serviced...haven't lubed it or replaced the o-rings since new a long time ago.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
OK, the data logs will or should only show up to 2.55 bar even though there's a 3 bar MAP in there. So, 22.5 psi is all you'll see. The gauge pressure should/would be 25 psi for most with the DM K04+ tune. Yeah, report how it feels after the DV refresh.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
OK, the data logs will or should only show up to 2.55 bar even though there's a 3 bar MAP in there. So, 22.5 psi is all you'll see. The gauge pressure should/would be 25 psi for most with the DM K04+ tune. Yeah, report how it feels after the DV refresh.
Something strange happened with the engine sound a while back and I'm not sure if it's related or not. I finally removed the deteriorating hood liner so I mostly attributed it to the insulation being gone but under boost it sounds like a loud sucking sound. That makes sense since boost is actually sucking air in forcefully but I had never heard it so specifically before. It's not the hiss you would hear from a boost leak and my boost gauge doesn't fluctuate but seems to be maxing out around 15-18psi. When I completely lift off from heavy boost I can hear a sort of fluttering - perhaps a sticky DV?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
OK, where is the DV? You can check it and do the service you mentioned...which DV do you have?
Also, test the N75 on the turbo. Unplug it and use a multi-meter to check the resistance. Should not see lower than 25 ohm. If any lower, replace the N75.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I've got the big Forge DV with the BSH relocation kit up to the front of the engine bay. Too busy this week to mess with it, plus I haven't driven my car in a week. I'll at least try to get some logs this week coming up.