GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Motorsport/Frakenturbo F23T Review

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
Very good review. Love to see the dyno. Like Doug says, the F23T supports around 25 WHP more than a K04.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Id like to see some dynos and am curious about why boost is starting at 4K

I believe he mentioned something about his clutch still in the breaking-in period, im also interested in some dynos, F23T is the way to go for my GLI.

brokenparts

Go Kart Champion
Correct, the data was collected at that RPM due to my new clutch. Although I had a lot of break in miles already on the clutch we decided to do our initial tuning at the safer RPM range. I was orginally not going to post until all the data was in to cut down on some confusion but I thought we were close enough to at least post some of the data.

Dyno results will be in soon... I promise.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI

doug@frankenturbo

Turbos Galore
Car(s)
Gary Fisher HiFi
Id like to see some dynos and am curious about why boost is starting at 4K

Here is the boost starting from an earlier point. And there's no shortage of dynos already available for this turbo. Just check our product page for a number of them.

brokenparts

Go Kart Champion
Wait for me :thumbsup:
Same temps, humidity and all. PSI's Dynojet?

Yeah, I will do it there too. Cobb tuning is literally across the street from work so it is convenient. The problems there is that it is a stingy Mustang dyno (my 2+ only put 220/280) and I have lowest pecking order to get in because they are super busy tuning sti's. The guys are super cool but they have to keep the lights on too. Psi is 5mins from my house but I work 45 mins away m-f so it's actually harder to plan for. I'll take the day off though if you set it up and give me enough advance warning.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

doug@frankenturbo

Turbos Galore
Car(s)
Gary Fisher HiFi
I know the track is closed for the season, but is there any way you could use some kind of GPS app to time some acceleration runs with the GIAC tune as a baseline, and then repeat the process once you have the DM tune?

You're talking about a Time-to-Speed graph, which you can make in Excel using the timestamps collected by your logger. Here's an example showing the impact of WMI.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yeah, I will do it there too. Cobb tuning is literally across the street from work so it is convenient. The problems there is that it is a stingy Mustang dyno (my 2+ only put 220/280) and I have lowest pecking order to get in because they are super busy tuning sti's. The guys are super cool but they have to keep the lights on too. Psi is 5mins from my house but I work 45 mins away m-f so it's actually harder to plan for. I'll take the day off though if you set it up and give me enough advance warning.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
TechtonicsTuning too has a Mustang 25 minutes from me. But PSI isn't much farther than that. I just have to be out here away from it all ;) OK, I will get back to you once we get the tune installed and peaked then sort out which day would work best for you, OK?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yezzss!

big_c

Ready to race!
Is the golf r map sensor required for running this much boost? Any loss by using the stock one?

Car(s)
Subaru
Is the golf r map sensor required for running this much boost? Any loss by using the stock one?

the oem one can only read 2560mbar of absolute pressure. i cant remember what the r sensor does but if youre wanting to go over 22psi and the map to read it, then i think so.

you have to account for atmospheric pressure, which is about 15psi (just to make it easy for subtracting). :thumbsup:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
The R map reads 3.1bar :thumbsup:

I made this vid today on my way to PSI to discuss a double dyno day for me and the OP ;) And, to have it for comparison with the dm K04+ when it's completed :word:

I crawl off the line...BECAUSE I CAN! :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-53MQlHdm0&feature=youtu.be

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
My programmer was in the box...I need regression to stock.