GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver door NO POWER

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z
So this morning I went into the dealer (Suncoast VW Audi Porsche) to have my coil recall done and airbag recall.. I went in with my windows down and dropped it off. pick it up 2 hours later. They werent able to fix the airbag light and also...... my "windows wont go up" so i get in my car and figure out that no power is working from my driver door except the speakers. passenger door is working fine. But my window is down. so anyway i have no idea whats going on. does anyone know if there is a driver door fuse or relay? need help soon. no garage and its gonna rain later today..

to clarify no power. the driver door has no lights,window will not operate. mirrors will not adjust,fuel door will not open... complete power loss. passenger door is fine

Mlochab

Ready to race!
had a similar problem, except back lights did not work as well..

needed a new power module, and few more things module was 410$+ tax. dont know if thats what it is wrong for you . but why did not you not take it to the dealer again? it worked when you dropped it and not when you picked it up

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z
i was in a rush and thought it might be a fuse. im calling them right now. im pissed. especially if its gonna cost that much. i have an expensive timing job im saving for i cant be wasting money on this stuff

Fahrenheit1132

Car(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Power loss in any or all part of MKV driver, passenger and hatch doors

You probably don't even have this car anymore, but I spent the weekend trying to figure out why there was a complete loss of power to my son's passenger door.
I'm sending it to my favorite electrician because I ran out of time to do it myself. But if anyone else comes here with this problem, maybe they'll see this post.
If you've already checked all associated fuses and relays then it's probably the wiring harness.
The wiring harness is prone to damage and breakage inside the accordion housing that connects the door to the frame of the car, especially after 100K miles. There was a class action suit in Canada (extending warranty to 165K miles or 8.5 years past original warranty)and in the US (extending warranty to 100K miles or 8.5 years past original warranty).
Symptoms: car alarm goes off for no reason, inconsistent response to power door locks, trunk and gas door release, side view mirrors, speakers and power windows. Basically everything electrical in the door.
To check if any wires are damaged inside the housing, *Important* remove ground cable from battery (black) first, or you'll blow the fuse. Then open the door, unhook the housing and look for damage to the wires. If you know what you're doing, soldering damaged wires and wrapping in electrical tape should fix the problem. Or have the whole harness replaced.
I don't know if VW mechanics are aware of this issue and are just refusing to let the owner know because they have to replace it at no cost to owner, or maybe they missed a memo from headquarters. But it took me 3 solid days of hunting the internet to find this info. I really hope this helps someone else.