GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dried water spots

GTICrazy90

Ready to race!
So i have some dried water spots on my driver seat window and my windshield that i cannot get off. When i wash the car, borrowed my friends window cleaner. One person told me toothpaste, it helped but didnt completely take it off plus it takes a lot of toothpaste.

Any other suggestions and procedure would be helpful

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
Rain-X??? Clay bar???

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
I have the same problem...suggestions anyone?

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
lol sorry man i missed your post! U can clay bar windows?

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
Yes you can clay bar windows, I've done it to mine, and actually makes them a lot easier to clean. And when it's raining I don't need to use the windshield wipers because the rain just runs off.

Candyman

GTI post Fozz
Car(s)
VW Golf R DSG MY12
Often it will have actually etched the glass.

An abrasive polish is needed in that case.

Clay will only remove surface contaminants.

A number of specific glass polishes are available but you can also use clearcote polish without adverse effects

I suggest starting with something like Menzerna 106FF and if no luck step up to Menzerna IP. Use a random orbital buffer.

Tape off the windscreen rubbers so you don't mark them.

Finish by washing the screen well.

I've done it many times on various cars.

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV

thez19

GITEE Up N Go!!
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
For any kind of stubborn stuck on shit, whatever it is, ive always used this
http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einzett-bug-remover.html

With this
http://www.autogeek.net/pinsafscrub.html

Just today I washed my car, its been bout 5 weeks since my last real wash, had quite a few areas of either tar, bug shit, bird shit, etc. on my front and elsewhere. Simply spray the einzett on, and lightly scrubed with the yellow scrubber while washing the car, everything came right off.

Whether this would be overkill for water spots or not who knows, just sharing info. :thumbsup:

Rabbid0281

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 Sage Green Rabbit
what about the yellow paint they use for the street lines? Apparently my wife was driving behind something at some point(im in Iraq atm) and when i came home on midtour leave in May, i went and washed the car and noticed all these yellow spots....all over the hood, the windshield, the roof and the bumper, hell even some spots on the mirror caps. they arent huge, but close up are noticeable. Any suggestions? I have a Craftsman orbital sander in the garage...