GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Doors not locking

Fate

Car(s)
2007 MK5 GTI 2.0T
Hi, I recently figured out that both my passenger side doors are not locking and can open them from the outside at all times. I purchased new lock actuators for both and have only had time to replace the rear one, but it still does not lock or read on the MFD that the door is open. I quickly looked at the wiring and did not see anything broken or exposed. As for the front passenger door, it does read that its open on the MFD, but does not lock. If the car is locked, the alarm will go off. If anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG Coup
Bert Smith VW on US-19 and 38th. Ave N. in St. Petersburg. (3335 38th Ave N, Saint Petersburg, FL 33713) Fast and fair. I go there for all the weird sh!t. Life's too short.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Hi, I recently figured out that both my passenger side doors are not locking and can open them from the outside at all times. I purchased new lock actuators for both and have only had time to replace the rear one, but it still does not lock or read on the MFD that the door is open. I quickly looked at the wiring and did not see anything broken or exposed. As for the front passenger door, it does read that its open on the MFD, but does not lock. If the car is locked, the alarm will go off. If anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Do you have a scan tool that can scan the door modules on the GTI, the rear door module communicates over a LIN to the front pass door module.

1990rette

Car(s)
2007 Volkswagen Gti
There are a lot of reasons as to why your car doors won't lock. I think it will be best to take it to the nearest auto service shop if you don't have an idea on how to fix it.