GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Door Rattle From Bass Common Issue?

ChouDawg

Null
Car(s)
2014 Subaru WRX
Hey guys my 08 GTI with 18k miles on it the doors have a bad rattle/noise when the song is loud/high bass. My friend mentioned it could be the weather stripping on my door but not sure.

Is this a common issue? Any fixes for this? Loose door panel perhaps?

Thanks guys!

adamgti

Trust me, I'm an engineer
Car(s)
07 CW GTI 4 dr
Mine was pretty bad, I ended up putting in a subwoofer so I could turn down the bass in the other speakers and it helps a lot. I think it may be a fairly common thing

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
normal occurrence.. I pulled the door panel and loaded it up with sound dampening. Now the door is solid and sounds nice when you close it (thud), and it doesn't rattle at all :)

ChouDawg

Null
Car(s)
2014 Subaru WRX
Sounds like its a common issue, doh, sucks a pretty much new car would do this, might have to dynamat the door in the future. Thanks

GTSportTDi

Diesel Smoker
Car(s)
Golf GT Sport 140
There is a VW TSB on this issue, it can be related to the speaker outer ring foam that sits between the speaker and the panel, they can be malformed from factory and can be readily replaced for just a couple of of quid and about 30 minutes work.

may not be the issue you have but it's common enough for a VW TSB, and we have changed a couple in our workshop.

Cheers

ZinkehDub

I believe my 09 came with the premium system in it and yeah, right after I got the car I noticed that both doors buzzed pretty bad, and still do. You'd think they would at least put some sound dampening material in there.

The buzzing and vibration can be really quite bad even at lower volumes and modest bass settings.