GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Door puddle lights help!

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
Alright, so I bought an LED kit to give me usable lights for those red reflectors we all have at the bottom of our door cards.

The only DIY's I could find mentioned plugging the +/- into PIN 18/19 of the 32 PIN door controller harness. http://www.uspmotorsports.com/RFB-LED-Puddle-Light-Kit.html
This doesn't work for me..
I've done the VAGCOM +64 for both doors.

One comment said some GEN controllers you end up using a combination of PIN 1/19 or 1/2. I've tried 1/19, but PIN 2 is already occupied.

Anyone done this mod before, and know what PIN combination actually works? Or if there is some unmentioned extra step?

I've done a bit of searching, come up with nothing yet. Posting to see if anyone out there has been in my place, or just knows what works.

Control module is 1K0959793J... if that helps any.

Cheers :help:

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Have you seen their DIY video?

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
Yeah, watched it a couple times. Figured it out though... chalk it up to not considering the obvious :mad0259:

I was reading forums and videos like mad Friday, noting tonnes of PIN combo's. Ended up just going for a hail-mary and trying random PIN combos... stress got the better of me there. Eventually rage quit.

Next day after a couple of repeat attempts (thinking i was just an idiot yesterday) I got the wise idea to test the LED housings using the trunk light plug. None worked, so I thought I had duds.

Popped open each housing and one by one the LED's just fell to the floor. The damn things reluctantly clip into the housing terminals... small bump, or closing the door when installed knocks them out. But the fit is so tight in the housing that they *appear* to look fine from the outside, and have no room to rattle around inside - which would make the problem obvious.
(shipping probably knocked them all out of place)

Ended up super-gluing the LED chip to the inside of the housing, when the LED was fully inserted. Works great now... and yes PIN 18/19 were right.

drawdem

Hello, I have a problem on my golf 5,

I want to install door lights but my rear doors doesen't have electric windows, so I need to find onther spot to plug my wires, do you know where?

I was told that I should fit them in Comfort Module underneath the glove box.. but I don't know the pin

Thank you