GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does your car have feelings? I think mine does...

JPGTI

Ready to race!
So I leave Atlanta on Friday and I'm on my way to visit my GF in Auburn, Alabama. On the way my gas gets low and I decide to exit and fill up at a Shell station. I fill up and get back on the highway. About 2 miles down the road I notice a CEL. So, after I get over the sinking feeling in my stomach I pull over and shut off the car and turn it back on, still there. I continue down the road with the CEL on and the car acting perfectly normal. I've read about gas cap issues, bad gas, and our cars being sensitive in general so I am not too concerned at this point, just a little pissed. I get down to Auburn and don't drive my car again until Sunday.

On Sunday, the CEL is still on and the car is still driving fine. After my drive a wait about 3 hours and go to wash the car. After the wash I get in and low and behold, no CEL.

I say all this to say, I think my car has feelings or this was an act of god. Dirty car gets CEL, clean/happy car gets no CEL.

Anyone have any similar experiences?

JPGTI

Ready to race!
DISCLAIMER:
No illegal substances (particularly hallucinogens) were used in any way prior to driving the vehicle, during driving the vehicle, or any time thereafter that may have altered the state of the driver so as to make a CEL that was previously non-existent appear and cause mental trauma to the driver, only to later disappear with no apparent motive.

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
its beacuse you have a 5 door, god doesnt like them! sorry......

514Rabbit

Ready to race!
my friend drives a jeep cherokee 2004... his CEL light went on once after putting gas... Because he didnt put the cAP correctly after filling...

JPGTI

Ready to race!
Just in case anyone is confused on whether or not I actually think my car has feelings, I don't. This was a funny coincidence though.

I hope I haven't completely spoiled my rep on here (not that I had one to begin with).

=)