GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does anyone know what the HP and TQ at the crank are on APR Stage 2???

capitalst

Ready to race!
It is probably on here somewhere but, I can't find it. The only thing I see is at the wheel. I wanted to see numbers at the crank for the APR Stage 2? Anyone have these??

andrewt

Autocross Champion
drivetrain loss for FWD is typically 10-15%. take the wheel hp numbers you've found, and you can figure out the estimated crank hp from there.

capitalst

Ready to race!
on goapr.com they only show stage 1 on there unless I'm messing it.

capitalst

Ready to race!
I found it online. I had to do the drop down box to select the exact car.

capitalst

Ready to race!
I take that back. It doesn't list the stage 2 93 oct. HP or TQ from the crank. So this forum is still open to any answers

mutt

Banned
apr told me a while ago stage 2 93 will make 270 bhp with their full tbe. and i believe they said 100 octane makes 285 bhp with their tbe.

calling them is the best way to get the info you're looking for.

JPGTI

Ready to race!
Stop making threads on how much HP and TQ at the crank stage 1 through X make. SEARCH

As I said in your other thread.

//END OF THREAD//

capitalst

Ready to race!
All I see on this forum is WHP not BHP. These are the numbers I want to see. I looked at around 20 different post and never found what I was looking for. Sorry if you feel differently.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
Stop making threads on how much HP and TQ at the crank stage 1 through X make. SEARCH

As I said in your other thread.

//END OF THREAD//

damn son, give him a break. anyways, OP. what you looking for crank hp for?

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Let me see if I can help that way this thread will be done and everyone will be happy. Give me a minute. . . .

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
O.k., here we go. Stage I is 246hp/282tq, add exhaust (stage II) and you get an extra peak gains of 18hp/20tq, bringing you to 264hp/302tq WHP for stage II, now all you have to do is add 15 percent of that (which I forgot how to do) and you'll get youre crank HP for stage II. I think adding 15% you take 264 x 0.15 and it comes to 40, so your basically adding 40hp to get your crank HP, I could be wrong on that last math but the first is correct. If Im right on the last math with adding 15% then youre crank has 304hp on stage II.

Hope this helps!:thumbup:

andrewt

Autocross Champion
O.k., here we go. Stage I is 246hp/282tq, add exhaust (stage II) and you get an extra peak gains of 18hp/20tq, bringing you to 264hp/302tq WHP for stage II, now all you have to do is add 15 percent of that (which I forgot how to do) and you'll get youre crank HP for stage II. I think adding 15% you take 264 x 0.15 and it comes to 40, so your basically adding 40hp to get your crank HP, I could be wrong on that last math but the first is correct. If Im right on the last math with adding 15% then youre crank has 304hp on stage II.

Hope this helps!:thumbup:

soooo what you're saying is my first reply answered the original poster's question. :biggrin:

btw, your calculation isn't exactly right, but it's good enough. strictly speaking, the 15% loss comes from the crank hp, not the wheel hp. so you get your crank hp by dividing the wheel hp by 0.85, which comes to about 310bhp (which seems a little high to me, but who knows) with 264whp. but, that 15% drivetrain loss is just a ballpark number, so its not an exactly a perfect calcuation anyway. you're at best going to get an estimate.

also, it depends on what kind of dyno the numbers come from. if i remember correctly, APR uses a dyno that bolts to the hubs of the car (wheels removed), so the drivetrain loss percentage will be less. if you got your numbers from somewhere else, then who knows.

more importantly, why does it really matter what crank hp is? it really only matters what you can put down to the road...

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
I agree, whp is what you want to know. I also stated that my math might be a little off, and also Andrew most people dont get that you add the 18hp exhaust gains with the given stage 1 numbers to get a stage II number, he didnt sound like he got that. Im just trying to get this guy a quick actual answer so that he's happy:thumbup: so that the thread can be over with so everyone else can be happy:thumbup:

What can I say, Im a crowd pleaser:thumbsup: