GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do you VAGCOM list?

Chongman805

have a BIG one ;-)
I am trying to find someone hopefully local with VagCom. I was thinking maybe a sticky where people can post up their location and if they are willing to help or not. I hope there isn't one already here. I did search but came up empty. I think Vortex has one, but that site is way too big for me. I always get lost. Anyways I am in Southern Oregon. I know most people on here are up in Portland or Washington. I am just hoping there is someone a lil closer on here... What do you think?

crabpot

Awesomesauce
You'll have better luck on Vortex for your specific area, not a whole lot of MK5 activity 'round these parts right now.

I have vag-com but that doesn't really help you out at all.

Chongman805

have a BIG one ;-)
Dang it. Yeah I need to find VAG soon :p haha Sunday morning I am driving down to medford, all a sudden 5 psi is all I got. No matter what gear what speed. 5 psi. Then bout 5-10 minutes go by I get 15psi. 3rd gear seems to be chittay. only 14 tops...... Plus I think my MAF is bad(K&N oil on it) cleaned it with maf cleaner buuuuuttt.......

Do you know vortex well? I avoid that site as much as possible to be honest with you.

PyroBob

I'm in.
Car(s)
.:R 32
Be more descriptive?

You were cruising at 70 and things suddenly changed, or you made an input to the car and things changed?

You kept driving before boost came back, or you stopped the car, turned it off, and started it again?

What was your normal boost before, and how long has your car been unchanged?

crabpot

Awesomesauce
Do you have a CEL?

Only having 5 psi sounds weird, I could see it soft limping (hehe) and opening the wastegate (which has happened to me) but then you would have no boost.

Chongman805

have a BIG one ;-)
MY boost has sucked for a while. I average like 17-18psi used to be in all gears now 3rd sucks, like 14.... CEL has been on since November? Misfiring I think... Ryan MkUltra reset the light but came back on in May? Now living in Oregon I have no VagCom access.... So yeah... Sunday morning Driving froom Grants Pass to Medford... Like 35 miles I think. I geet off the freeway, then make a left and boost just uugghhh.. 5psi. tried again from a red light...5psi. Allthrough the airport, 5 psi..... Get to the terminal, turned my car off, helped her with her bags,, hopped in, normal 16.... Go out the airport back towards freeway seems fine, get back to the mountain road I live on come to a stop then go bllaahhhhh 5 psi...... All the way home. Turn car off... Looked at everything, but I cannot see anything, catchcan is empty. Next day, car is fine acting normal.. sputtering a lil in 1st.... but today I was boosting around 18 in all gears..... I am back down to 16 though. Boost holds pretty evenly but does peak and drop quick sometimes... I really need a vag scana nd a pul or two done. I bet I have a bad maf...
Be more descriptive?

You were cruising at 70 and things suddenly changed, or you made an input to the car and things changed?

You kept driving before boost came back, or you stopped the car, turned it off, and started it again?

What was your normal boost before, and how long has your car been unchanged?

Chongman805

have a BIG one ;-)
^^ Agreed...our cars have a recirc, so it can't limit the boost, only dump it. What type of gauge are you using?

Awe it is one of those gauges from the FOREVER to buy group buy back in 07 I think. hahahaha When they switched to a new gauge manufacturer or whatever I cannot recall.