GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do you smoke in your GTI?

Do you smoke in your car?

• Yes all the time.

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • No never.

Votes: 75 77.3%
  • Only when I'm running late to where I'm going.

Votes: 14 14.4%

• Total voters

Jimd0313

Ready to race!
I don't smoke to begin with, but I HATE when people driving in front of me throw their butts out the window...drives me nuts.

BrianfCheng1

Ready to race!
I smoke, i try not to smoke in my car, but i end up doing it sometimes.

Please don't kill me guys...haha

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
Car(s)
89, 97 Jetta, 07 GTI

suckmyGti

please
Car(s)
08 Red Gti
i smoked in my car the second day i had it. used the first day to enjoy the new car smell in the morning, and then i got tired of it by the night time. i paid good money for my car and if i enjoy smoking while driving then why not. yes a 'smokers' car may devalue it eventually but doesnt modding certain things devalue the car also?

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
Ha,

Yeah, the GTI was a gift I gave myself for quitting (tobacco.)

Driving an old Honda up an empty stretch of highway or a crowded commute invited nicotine blasts.

The GTI offers plenty of spirited releases that don't require chemicals. If you're bored behind this wheel, you're doing it all wrong.

I'd like to echo the 'damn, I wish I didn't start smoking' sentiment. It is the only regret I have.

Its nice because for almost a year now, NC (of all places) has been smoke-free inside. Even when I was smoking a pack and a half a day, nothing would be more disgusting than eating a steak or a nice meal, only to have someone's exhaled stale breath waft up your nose.

Bender1

Banned
i smoked in my car the second day i had it. used the first day to enjoy the new car smell in the morning, and then i got tired of it by the night time. i paid good money for my car and if i enjoy smoking while driving then why not. yes a 'smokers' car may devalue it eventually but doesnt modding certain things devalue the car also?

Not usually. Mods don't add value, but they rarely reduce it.

Smoking certainly reduces it. But its your car, use it as you see fit.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Its nice because for almost a year now, NC (of all places) has been smoke-free inside. Even when I was smoking a pack and a half a day, nothing would be more disgusting than eating a steak or a nice meal, only to have someone's exhaled stale breath waft up your nose.

Restaurants are one thing, bars are another. I want to smoke at the bar. Secondly, I couldn't have been more shocked because tobacco is NC's 2nd largest cash crop (behind marijuana). My family also have been tobacco farmers since before the turn of the century right here in Eastern NC. In a state so steeped in tobacco history as NC, it was shocking that bill passed. Think of all that tobacco has given NC. Tobacco road, Winston-Salem (pretty much built by tobacco), to Wilson (worlds largest bright leaf tobacco market).

I realize its a disgusting habit, I share the same sentiment as you about restaurants. I just think its wrong to tell people in NC where and when they can smoke.

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
I realize its a disgusting habit, I share the same sentiment as you about restaurants. I just think its wrong to tell people in NC where and when they can smoke.

Eh, I could substitute 'steak' and 'scotch' for the same effect.

I remember talking to pub owners in county Cork in the summer of '06, several months after the Irish banned pub smoking. Both owners said the same thing: originally, they held the libertarian arguments and the economic arguments, but after a few months both saw an increase in business, and were pretty gung ho about it. Seems most of the patrons, smokers and non-smokers, were willing to stick around for a couple more glasses when they weren't breathing other people's fumes.

Plus, I've got a few bartender friends, some who smoke, some who don't. ALL of them appreciate the fact that they don't perpetually smell. One girl was thinking about changing professions (she's a damn good bartender, too) but started to re-enjoy her job once her hair didn't permanently smell like an ashtray.

Plus, as an ex-smoker and social alcoholic, it is much easier for me to go out and avoid that shit. You put a couple stout drinks in me, and put me in my circle of friends (of which most still chain smoke) and it is only a matter of time before I'm going to crack. Personal consideration, I know, but I've tried quitting many times, and the only time it has stuck was when I could go out and not have that shit literally in my face.

Besides, this is NC. In our part of the state, put a heat-lamp on the stoop on the three nights a year when it is uncomfortably cold. Boom. Problem solved. Don't know how it is down in Jacksonville, but have you noticed the blossoming of outdoor seating and porches at the pubs? If we score a cafe culture, in addition to a clean place to socialize, I'm cool with that.

If folks are going to use the government to tell me what I can legally smoke, I've got no problem with the government telling other people where they can legally smoke.

Jack Isidore

Passed Driver's Ed
Used to smoke in my old car but the smell was very noticeable once you quit, which I did. I relapse often during nights of heavy drinking and after a week or two I quit again. ATM, I am off the wagon but will definitely never smoke or let anyone else smoke in my car. Smoking numbs your sense of smell, so as long as they don't use the ashtray and remove butts, a smoker may not even realize how bad their car smells.

It's a pet peeve of mine when people throw their butts outside their car. I wish I heard about more people getting ticketed for it.

scirocco16V1

Passed Driver's Ed
may help if you buy or want to sell a smokers car.
one bushel of sliced apples, park the car in direct sun for week or two. also works on cars that have had a corpse in it.