GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DM flash controller and Xconsole issues

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I have the original DM flashing controller (not touch screen) and can't get Xconsole to recognize it when hooked to my computer. It's probably been at least a year since I've used it but it worked fine previously. I'm assuming some driver or something got screwed up due to Windows updates. I tried re0nstalling Xconsole with no luck. I've tried contacting DM with no response. Anyone have ideas?

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Windows 8 - same computer I originally used to flash.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion

Eh it's early :)

OP does anything at all come up in windows start -> my computer -> devices with removal-able storage?

Even if it doesn't have the USB drivers, there should be an option to "look for drivers using a selected program". Or most plug and play things it will just install them automatically

Car(s)
Subaru
the newest xconsole fixed it i think. i forget what i did to make it work on my windows 10 or w/e the new windows is. should be the same for windows 8 though. try using one from their yahoo page or maybe dm will get back to you soon. if i can, ill try and help more tonight.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Nope. I downloaded that and installed last week. Even uninstalled the version I had first.

My computer realizes when I plug the controller in and the controller powers up but Xconsole says "device not found" when I hit the link button.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Could it be OS sensitive, did you use Win8 originally or Win7?
I use xconsole 3.99 and win 7 on 2 different laptops and it seems to work fine.

dave80

Go Kart Champion
Using windows 8 and xconsole 3.99 without issues here. You have to make some manual changes in the windows start up menu to let some driver download, since it's not recognized/approved, or something like that.

edit....just disable driver signature enforcement settings

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Xconsole? Is that needed with the older programmer?

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Success. The order that eventually worked was:

1. uninstall Xconsole
2. restart
3. advanced restart with driver signing disabled
4. install Xconsole
5. connect programmer via USB
6. computer automatically finalizes usb->serial driver
7. open Xconsole