GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: Short Shifter Install

07Noside

Banned
Its not going to damage the bolt that its attached to since that goes up and down when I pull on it if I wiggle it and pull pretty hard. I'm not pullin it on an angle so it shouldn't mess anything up I'm hoping. Sadly its pouring rain out today so I'm going to have to wait untill sat morning to give it another go.

07Noside

Banned
Well I'll give it another go on sat and if I still get get it off by hand I'll invest in getting one. I'll respray it down with wd40 and liquid wrench and let it sit for about 45 mins. I just had some tranny work done so I'm guessing they pulled it off and had to put it back on so Theres probably lots of lock tite on it. There was a whole lot on the nut when I pulled that off as well as the surface of the bolt.

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
Just installed my VF SS and I am satisfied.
The installation was very easy and even though I didn't use a DIY, this is a very helpful way to make the installation easily visible to others.

panda_man22

Go Kart Champion
can this be found newhere else?
pics wont load:(

Wrath627

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 MKV GTI
For anyone who needs it, the part number for the larger linkage is:

part #: 1J0711761C
from 07' and prior models. This is required from 08' and onward.

JP2008

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I need help BAD. Broke the short shifter bolt in the middle there. Apparently I was able to get into 1st gear after install so when trying to make sure the bolt in the middle was tighten, I went to hard :( and the bolt broke. Now the shifter wont come off, its like stuck. Any ideas?

trialerror00

Ready to race!
Car(s)
k04 GTI & watermeth
Adding to my to-do-list.

army6

Hopefully someone can help me out here, bought a racingline short shifter and they ended up not shipping me everything that was needed. Went to put the stock shifter back in after taking it out and I lost 5th, 6th, and 1st got switched with reverse. It also feels like the whole shifting mechanism got shifted right from within the car, the shifter incredibly loose and not bouncy at all.