GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: Removing side mirror housing and side mirror lens

tase25

2nd try

OK, cracked the mirror the first time trying to pop the mirror out. Now that I have my replacement mirror I'm gonna try and replace that darn side blinker one last time myself. Wish me luck.

Gab.B

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Volks GTI 2007
Don't need to worry about those plastic clips, I broke both clips each side and the housing fit perfecly! Thanks OP!!

Method82

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
perfect write up. just installed mine this afternoon on my black magic.

blkMÄJ1K

darthmkv
Car(s)
Mkv gti
Did this today, thanks for the write up. Hardest part was getting the cover part off the top. You'd swear it's going to break, but it doesn't really... Just pop it off.

this_smitty

I used this to replace mine after a lovely lifted F250, :thumbdown:that has probably never seen an ounce of mud,:thumbdown: decided to park next to me out in the middle of nowhere of the parking lot and smash my turn signal. Great DIY write up, made the job simple and smooth. :thumbup:

drew0622

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2014 GTI
Agreed, great DIY write up. Had to replace my driver's side wing mirror LED signal, after the wifey took mine out, backing out of the garage.

wally58

Thanks!

I've just used these instructions for the second time, printed it out last time in 2011.
I've now joined the forum just to thank you for a great write-up, made the job very easy. Thanks again.

Aleisa

Car(s)
FJ & GTI
Thanks bro V. Clear

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
I just attempted this....replaced the turn signal lens (indicator was not working) and it still doesn't work. I then checked the wiring and as far as I can tell, no issues, no cracks/etc in the mirror housing or at the door joint. Any ideas or do I need to get a multi-meter to check continuity? How do I do this? Kind of a small issue with the car, but I'd like to rectify this if possible.