GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY removing rear breather tube check valve for BSH PCV revamp

Syxx Shotter

Has an "S" on his chest
I had an extra breather tube laying around so I figured I would mess it up to show the guys on here who wonder how this is done.

1) Remove the rear breather tube using these directions http://oooo-a3.blogspot.com/2008/03/pcv-replacement-and-eurojet-valve.html

2) Look into tube to see if you even have the check valve; if it looks like this inside on the top forward you have the check valve. The red arrow points to the check vlave; this is all you want to remove. NOT ALL THE PLASTIC JUST THE SMALL VALVE

3) Put a decent sized phillips screwdriver against the check valve.

4) Hit the handle of the screwdriver until the valve pops loose. This doesn't take alot of pressure; I did it with my hands.

5) Check to make sure all the parts broke out and aren't hanging loose. If they are remove them. Your should look like this now.

6) Shake out all the parts. Should look something like this.

7) Valve successfully removed.

8) Reinstall with the directions you used to remove it.

Hope this helps someone.

ard

Ready to race!
hmm... when i did mine i removed the entire thing (all the black plastic), not just the center piece of the valve. i had to crack it into pieces to do that though. its over and done with now, but was that the wrong thing to do?

Syxx Shotter

Has an "S" on his chest
hmm... when i did mine i removed the entire thing (all the black plastic), not just the center piece of the valve. i had to crack it into pieces to do that though. its over and done with now, but was that the wrong thing to do?

I didn't do it just because it scares me that the breather tube may slip out. If you need a new tube let me know and if you will pay shipping I'll send you the one I used to make the write-up. It has oil in it but was only installed about 3 months ago.

aeproberts

So i am assuming you have to remove the intake to get this off?

I see it mentioned 5mm hex, but what is a universal joint?

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
a universal joint and with a wobble extension would not be able to get that bolt out?

Car(s)
08 GTI 6MT
how much is that? whered you buy it at?

slanky

Ready to race!
Is this mandatory for the BSH set up? What affects does it create?

x3? been running BSH Stage II PCV for almost a year and have not modified my rear PCV check valve. what exactly does this do?