GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY on ko4 swap anyone?

Robert aoun

Ready to race!
I was just wondering on swapping the turbos my self but was wondering if its hard to do and is there any specific things that are trouble to take off.... a friend will be available to help me too if its doable without dealer

Tutti57

Ready to race!
That one is great. Used it to replace my stock turbo with no problems.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
I used the stasis one, made things very easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert aoun

Ready to race!
This is great guys thanks a lot but what i didnt understand is what are the gaskets i need to change other then exhaust manifold and downpipe one

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
How are the studs on the manifold, seems like something that will be a PITA.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
Studs on the manifold aren't a big deal, some of them will come out some may stay in. Also I pulled my turbo right out through the top with no issues on BSH motor mounts without moving the motor. Everyone bitches about getting the turbo out but that was by far the easiest part of the job.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
Ahann i see one other question do i need yo change my discharge pipe or outlet pipe

You don't HAVE to if you make a small modification to the K03 muffler / output flange and bolt it to the K04 but yes you should get a proper discharge pipe.

GTIWV

WV VW
I used the stasis one when I went k04 a few years ago. Worst part for me was getting the turbo out and then that damn m14 or whatever size it is at the bottom of the intake manifold