GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY - NewSouth Performance Boost Gauge w/Indigo Gauge

Goodz

Ready to race!
why do you have to cut off two of the barbs on the existing line? will it cover up the hole of the t fitting if you dont?? im doing this right now, quick answer would be nice!

Also wondering this...

Goodz

Ready to race!
Just installed mine and it sits at 21 hg and Boost is only getting up to about 13 psi any ideas?

Goodz

Ready to race!
Could disconnecting the battery disabled my tune for revo???

AminoAcid

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh, I forgot to state... My gauge is a little off (notice its leaning to the edge of the "0")... I contacted New South, and they're willing to replace if I send this one back to them... but, I'm not gonna be bitchy, I can live with it.

I just installed mine today... same shit the gauge reads likes yours its kinda shitty but fuck it I aint doing that again!
also idk how u got the lil leather thingy in there it just doesn't fit I had to just put it without the leather thing behind the gauge. I am going to have to make a custom lil thing to cover the insides....

AminoAcid

Passed Driver's Ed
The black band is to hold the gauge in the coloum pod because the u-bracket won't fit and you won't need a t-fitting if you have the boost tap..it should of came with two little rubber hose looking things one goes on the back of the gauge, then the boost line goes into that and the same for the engine side, zip tie the lines.
you talking about the bracket behind the gauge that has the leather? I had to just leave it out because it wouldn't fit I am just going to have to invent a way to make it look nice..... any ideas?

AminoAcid

Passed Driver's Ed
Just did this today for my car and the DIY worked to perfection. Props to the OP. :thumbup:

I'm pulling about 20Hg at the lowest around idle and peak at 13-14 PSI when hitting about 6,000 in 2nd gear. Does that sound about right for stock?

Please excuse my iPhone's crappy night shot lol.

I just finshed mine today those numbers are the same as mine I am stock I have a air intake tho

estevez

16 psi with Unitronic stage 1+ and stock DP. will be installing 3 inch dp this weekend. In case anyone wanted to know lol

rebeccawaltuhs

Bumping this for a quick question in the NS installation guide it says you must splice the black wire to the brown. Here, you guys just seemed to ground the black wire and not touch the brown. What is the function of the brown wire? About to install this week and figured it would be easier to ground the black wire not touching the brown one..thanks in advance!