GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY - Forge Atmosheric Blow Off Valve Install

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
thanks for the info, so no stalling. i just still think it's be wise not to atmospherically vent air that the MAF is reading. or is it a different electronic signal in VW's?

no stlaling at all homey. its all electronic.

we dont even hove an atmospherical official BOV for the GTI.

this is just a spacer, the maf is about 8 inches from the turbo inlet.

Sickspeed06

Ready to race!
oooohhh awesome, thanks meng.

Neon Guy

Tin Can Racer
Car(s)
1998 SPEC Neon
If the throttle valve closes when the engine is in overrun (when you let go of the accelerator or shift into an other gear), back pressure develops in the turbo housing. Back pressure reduces the speed of the turbine, which reduces boost pressure and increases turbo lag when the engine accelerates again. To avoid this, the turbo recirculating valve (sort of diverter valve) is opened. This allows the compressed air to flow back to the intake side of the circuit through the turbine to maintain turbine speed. That's how it normally works but if you increase the amount of intake air by installing a much better intake the turbo recirculating valve could become to small to recirculate all the excessive compressed air and then a BOV comes in handy

Thus the reason the diverter valve is located in the turbo housing... allowing instant release of the back pressure.
:bow:

Volks

D'crew
Car(s)
Golf Gti
Guys..need info on this BOV

So is the forge BOV are overall good for application ? or is just wasting..

Thanks and Rgds'

gillm

Passed Driver's Ed
i had one on my car , ended up taking it off and putting it on ebay . sounded gay and did my head in

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI Pkg 0
So is the forge BOV are overall good for application ? or is just wasting..

Thanks and Rgds'

There are NO negative effects from the use of our spacer. We've done data logs, dyno runs, and various tests, none of which resulted in any adverse affects on the engine.

We've sold thousands of units worldwide to date. No issues reported thus far. :thumbsup:

2.0Tgti

Ready to race!
I think I may invest in one after I get my car. The adjustable one looks great incase you have to take the car in. I love the sound I was just concerned about the issues I had back in the day wiht my HKS valve on my old 1.8T but this is totally different. With the placement the MAF will never know either way. Very cool.

sk8chip98

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
i just got one for the holidays and havent had a chance yet to put it in. fing working or it has been raining oh well i cant wait to get it in.......

Volks

D'crew
Car(s)
Golf Gti
Need your info

To:2.0Tgti

Please let us know, Is the spacer produced a good sound ? like the HKS one's ?

And wondering is there any problems on fitting ?

Thanks and B.Rgds'

2.0Tgti

Ready to race!
I'll post up if anything goes wrong. But its such a simple design im sure itll be fine. But it definitly will not sound like the HKS. The only thing that sounds like that is the HKS valve. I've used it on previous turbo cars. Its that insert thing hwere the air blows by that causes that whistle/squeek sound. the Forge is more of a hiss from what I hear.