DIY - Forge Atmosheric Blow Off Valve Install

dubc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
UDM?

xcharlesy

Ready to race!
does this product make the stock diverter valve wear any faster then normal?

and how does the dealer stand on warranting it with this?

BoostedThrills

showshinedetail.com
Car(s)
G35
One thing I found odd after getting mine in today:

The Forge instructions say you need a 4mm allen socket, but it doesn't come close to fitting their bolts that come with the spacer; they're definitely 5mm. Is the 4mm for the stock bolts? (I haven't done the install yet, just curious.)

Luckily while at the hardware store, I picked up a 4mm and 5mm just in case.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
There are NO negative effects from the use of our spacer. We've done data logs, dyno runs, and various tests, none of which resulted in any adverse affects on the engine.

We've sold thousands of units worldwide to date. No issues reported thus far. :thumbsup:

Do you have this data that you can post and we can look at? Im not trying to put you on the spot, but it would be rather helpful.
I can see a good debate from both sides. But one has to be better that the other, either recirculate or blow off.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
does this product make the stock diverter valve wear any faster then normal?

and how does the dealer stand on warranting it with this?

Ive heard that your stock DV is much more likely to bust from using this spacer (thats what Ive heard many times), and I doubt that any dealer will warranty your stock DV with this mod attached to it, but you could always remove it before taking it to them.

bwzimmerman

Passed Driver's Ed
I would say it would reduce the chance for a stock DV to tear. IMO it would releave the held presure on the stock DV. I am by no means a mechanic or turbo expert. I am just using logic..

Either that or it wont effect it at all.. i dont see how it would wear it out more. It doesnt change much besides where air goes.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~

theonlyz

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok kinda new to the whole VW world!! Well actually about as new as new gets!! I want that Blow off sound but, what I really want is this HKS. Do they make one for the jetta's?? Why settle for second best if it's being removed in a couple weeks! Also is the adjustable one any closer sounding to this HKS that was mentioned.

Thanks hope to see more of you guys!!

Housetek

Ready to race!
how long does this typically take to install?

Is it just as easier to take it off as it is to put on?

Id like to have it off when i go in for oil changes and such.

MKV Turbo15

23psi and fast as fuck!
Car(s)
Jetta
how long does this typically take to install?

Is it just as easier to take it off as it is to put on?

Id like to have it off when i go in for oil changes and such.

Its pretty easy to put on, about 15-20 mins but the first time I guarantee you will take longer. One of the bolts is particularly hard to get off. And NO, you will not have to take it off for an oil change unless your dealer absolutely positively retardedly insists that you do......then in that case if they keep giving you shit, go someplace else.

Also Here are a couple off of mine.

With an intake you can hear it differently, and it doesnt go as long as some of the others ive heard. I like mine a bit better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUh4z2KZoMk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aWW91ndTZ0&feature=related

LOL its also funny seeing the looks on peoples faces when a "girls" (jetta) car goes boostin by them

Nolte

Fear my Stock Ride Height
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
One thing I found odd after getting mine in today:

The Forge instructions say you need a 4mm allen socket, but it doesn't come close to fitting their bolts that come with the spacer; they're definitely 5mm. Is the 4mm for the stock bolts? (I haven't done the install yet, just curious.)

Luckily while at the hardware store, I picked up a 4mm and 5mm just in case.

Sorry for the uber-bump of an old thread, but this question was skipped and never answered by the group and it happens to be one of mine as well.

The instructions actually state you need a 4mm, that you actually use a 5mm, and may have said 6mm towards the end. I need to go pick up this kind of socket in advance.