GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: Amber Singals

mandowombat

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI STOCK
Post pics? Euro bulb holders shouldn't need modifying.

that's what i thought; photos will follow later.

Also post your current cecm long coding.

I don't have access to vagcom; i did it with a local mechanic that works on vw's

anyone had this issue before???

one thought: the Instruments aren't coded to Euro, as mentioned in the .pdf file "MKV Vag-Com Tweaks" thought that might be the reason why dash still has bulb out warning.

venting frustration: And in the midst of all this i have a boost leak some where- either on the FORGED DV, vacuum lines or the boost line. Plus my check engine light is ON, we put new ignition coils, new spark plugs, new gas filter; thinking now it could be the fuel pump or the catalytic converter.:mad0259::mad0259::mad0259:

mandowombat

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI STOCK

hope this helps; let me know of any remedies for the amber turn signal

photos are of the driver side tail lights

I would have to pull off my bulb holder to be sure but i think those shouldn't require modification.

are the amber center bulbs on full time or off full time?

Sounds like the coding was done improperly or not at all?

Sent from my mobile thinger using the tapawhatsit

Kishon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkvGti
Damn! you know sometimes i think we have it bad down here. But this is another mod i don't have to do cause its standard from the factory :wub:

Damn! you know sometimes i think we have it bad down here. But this is another mod i don't have to do cause its standard from the factory :wub:

Yeah. I don't know why we don't have amber rear turn signals in the USA.

What blows my mind is people who want a rear fog light in the USA. I'm pretty sure a rear fog is just a device that makes some people tell you that you have a reverse light out, and other people tell you that you have a brake light out.

Hilarious episode of TopGear recently where they built a car for pensioners.

Clarkson included a big panel with a switch that says "REAR FOG LIGHT"

"So that as soon as there's just a very light misting of rain, they can flip this switch, and absolutely nothing will happen because it's not connected to anything"

I've seen posts from people in the UK trying to reconfigure for two reversing lights and no reverse fog. It's insanity.

Kishon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkvGti
i have laminex on my tails and you can see the amber just fine during the day. I didn't go too dark on them.

MYGTIMKV

Ready to race!
sorry for the dumb question

Any chance somewhere buried in this thread is it mentioned how to keep the red semi-circle blinker working along with the new amber bulb?

I think that would be a very cool look...kinda like an arrow o>

So I would imagine us oem lights stay the same just add amber blinker...possible?

Any chance somewhere buried in this thread is it mentioned how to keep the red semi-circle blinker working along with the new amber bulb?

I think that would be a very cool look...kinda like an arrow o>

So I would imagine us oem lights stay the same just add amber blinker...possible?

You should be able to work it out yourself by looking at the circuit on the bulb holder and comparing it to the changes you make to it for this mod.

And if you can't work it out yourself, maybe you have no business taking angle cutters and a soldering iron to your bulb holders.

That mod might not require coding changes.

(sorry if i sound arrogant. I've done two sets of bulb holders now, and they were cake.)

MYGTIMKV

Ready to race!
^I do appreciate the reply...the arrogance is par for the course ;-)

Funny thing is I have never soldered anything in my life...so I really don't have any business with this DIY, but a boy can dream!

Lack of free tinker time is my biggest problem and fear of "f" ing up...which is why I asked such a lame question and hoping for a detailed handholding answer. Thought I could get away with it seeing how this is not vortex forum...oh well wrong again!

Peace and love, peace and love

Well, the metal that goes around to the outside of the bulb sockets - that's ground. it's common to everything you plug into it.

The other lines are power applied to one thing or other.

So for this mod we cut one of the strips and then jumper both sides of that cut to other strips.

From that it should be pretty easy to work out which pin on the connector is supplying power to which socket.

As for myself, having been the victim of two rear-end collisions in the space of 4 months, I am certain i want the whole circle to be brake light and nothing but brake light.

I'm also considering installing bulbs into the circles on the hatch to be more brake light. It's been done, but the DIYs I've seen have been very ghetto (like W5W bulbs siliconed into holes in the reflector ghetto). So I'm trying to figure out if i can modify a rubber socket like are used in this mod to fit in the tight space and seat securely in a hole in the reflector, possibly shored up with a little section of PVC pipe or something.

alanchicken

的士佬
For some reason, mine stopped working suddenly. I tried to re-do the wiring/soldering, but it remained the same. Can anybody help? Much appreciated!

:help::help:

VWTiger

I am the Stig
like wombat, i too bought the euro holders and bulbs new. When I swapped them, and then coded them by switching byte 13 from 14 to 00, it didn't do anything. Has anybody else had this issue? There has to be a way to code it properly, I'm just frustrated as there doesn't seem to be anything in the 09 Central Electronics module that addresses the euro holders.

Anyone in UK/Europe that could post their long coding? I don't have mine at the moment as its on my home laptop.