GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: AEM Dryflow filter cleaning

james.bigouette

Officially boring
Just thought I would do a quick write up for everyone that has an AEM Dryflow filter on any of their intakes. Mine got dirty really quick so I just went ahead and got some cleaner. Seeing I am snowed in I guess it is a good time to clean what I can. Any questions let me know.

Directions straight from the bottle.
Step:
1. Remove filter from intake pipe and set the filter clamp aside. (If you can't do this step without a picture then you shouldn't be cleaning a filter anyways)
2.Measure the length of the filter media. (I had a stir stick handy)
3. Fill a pail with warm clean water to the depth determined in step 2. Add 1 bottle of AEM filter cleaning solution to the water.
4. Without allowing the solution to flow into the filter neck, submerge the filter into the water and let it soak for 10 minutes. After soaking, rotate the filter back and forth to agitate the water and knock off any loose dirt.
5. Empty the bucket of dirty water (and clean out the dirt!) Repeat steps 3 and 4 with the other bottle.
6. Refill the pail with clean water warm water and rinse by rotating the filter as in step 4. The water should be clear with no signs of dirt in the pail. ( I did step 6 twice just to make sure)
7. Allow the filter to air dry. Do not oil the filter (that's why you bought it didn't you?) Re-install the filter when it is completely dry.

Attachments

• step1.jpg
    step1.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 534
  • step3.jpg
    step3.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 527
  • step4.jpg
    step4.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 484
  • step5.jpg
    step5.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 473
  • step6.jpg
    step6.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 488
  • step7.jpg
    step7.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 475
  • step8.jpg
    step8.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 476
  • step9.jpg
    step9.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 466
  • step10.jpg
    step10.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 551

itskv

APR Stage II+
Now, if there's a cleaner for Neuspeed filters..