GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Diverter Valve

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
you dont need a diverter valve for the 2.0t.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Whats the best solution, if you want some sort of nice sounding noise after you let off the accelerator after a spool up? of course without harming the performance of the car or engine.

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
intake and/or forge bov

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
how reliable is the forge BOV? no side effects?

nomad

lot's of members have installed them so far, and noone has reported any complaints, i think it is quite harmless to be honest. mabe even slightly helpful for the turbo? allow's the pressure to be released when not spooling. /shrug

conflicted

Go Kart Newbie
ok i came from a wrx a while ago i sold it kuz it wasent what i wanted in a car the gas millage blew and the insurence killed me. anyways a blow off valve actulyl was bad for my car it made my shifts richer teh bypass valve was actully better for a low PSI turbo and blow off valves are beter for teh highter *19 PSI and up* anyways thatw as in teh subie i dont know about the VW???

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
the WRX would still have run rich between gear changes regardless of the amount of boost you were running when you had the atmo bov. Any car running a MAF will have the same problems running a bov.

nomad

conflicted, on the MkV gti, its not a true BoV, its an "atmospheric pressure release valve" it just makes noise, nothing else.

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
MAF = Mass airflow sensor

Its basically a sensor which detects the amount of air coming in through the intake so that the ECU knows how much fuel to dump into the mixture. So when you have a BOV, some of that air is released into the atmosphere rather than back into the intake hence the air/fuel mixtures are incorrect since the ECU is expecting more air than what is actually entering the engine, the car then runs richer than it should and you'll get backfiring from the exhaust since theres too much unburnt fuel.