GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Diverter Valve Gen D Install Problems.. please help

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z
Cars up in the air right now. picked up a new DV as mine finally went out after 102,000 miles. got the newer revision D. anyway i have the forge spacer installed and im an having trouble installing the new DV. it doesnt seam to fit. i had the Gen C originally. I do not have the original shorter bolts for the DV please help. gotta go to work tomorrow lol

stringshifter6

Nom Nom Nom
Car(s)
2007 GTI
The (older?) Forge spacer doesn't work with the Rev. D diverter valve. Just leave it out. You should be able to pick up a spare set of bolts from either the dealer or the hardware store.

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z
The (older?) Forge spacer doesn't work with the Rev. D diverter valve. Just leave it out. You should be able to pick up a spare set of bolts from either the dealer or the hardware store.

thanks. upon further investigation i found that the new DV wont fit on the spacer with that extra plastic ring around the piston.. is there anyway i can trim it without damaging it. as i said my car is up in the air right now and nearest VW dealer is 45 min away and i doubt they have the bolts in stock.

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
Get new bolts from a hardware store. Take one of the longer ones with you to match the threads. Call a buddy for a ride if you have to. I wouldn't attempt to trim the new DV. Sell the old spacer and buy the new one which will fit if you really need it.

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z
i really dont care about the spacer anymore. does home depot or lowes carry them. if so what size?

on a added note i called the dealer and they dont carry them in stock

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
Home Depot has them - don't know what size which is why I suggested taking one of the older ones. They have those boards you can screw stuff into to match threads. As far as length, just subtract the thickness of the spacer.

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z
thanks. i may order them. i got the car back together with the original DV. it wasnt fully gone and the diaphram wasnt torn. i just think its getting old as it likes to stay open sometimes under low load when shifting. ill pick up the bolts or order them this week. are they available online anywhere? i think i saw them on here somewhere but i cant remember where

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z
true. again thanks everyone for the quick help. started raining as i finished putting everything together. took it for a quick ride around the neigborhood and the old valve was working great. maybe it just needed some good cleaning.